Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Trouble

El_Galliano

Hi there peeps,

Just wandering if anyone could possably help me out with a bit of a problem im having with my 'seo,

I've got an annoying vibration that only happens between about 2500 to 2250 revs, when you rev the in neutral as soon as you get to about 2250 revs, the engine seems to get a lot louder, in the roar, and the is also a vibration that seems to come straight through into the car interior but only between those revs, also the vibration is noticable when driving aswell but only when you slow and the engine goes back down through that rev range, it doesn't seem noticable when accelerating.

But I would appreciate any help anyone could give me,

Also, if my engine is about to blow up, will the 4E be a bolt in even in my left hooker, and is that bloke who made the 4e/5e hybrid for his starlet about on this forum at all.

And one last thing i wanted to know aswell, will the exhaust manifold from the 4e fit on the 5e block

Thanks A lot

Geoff

P.S. I will get some pics up soon, some of you peeps who like pretty interiors might like my 'seo, Also starting a new project soon, 1994 Camry V6 AWD interior and exterior getting completley done, but we're not engine ppl so any hints and tips with this quad cam V6 beast would be very appreciated also is there a 6 speed manual gearbox that will fit onto the v6 though the automatic can do 0-60 in under 8 secs and its got 110,000+ miles on the clock, and gets upto 140 like a piece piddle.

P.P.S. And you thought getting cheap insurance on 'seo was hard, try saying "yea I'm 21 and yeah its a 3 litre V6" lol

But anyways my paseo problem, help with, much appreciated :)

sounds like a flat spot, go for in this order, new plugs, new ht leads, new distributor cap, new rotor arm, might be something else but these usually cure it 99 % of times

thanks mate,

I'll try those

sounds like an exhaust heat shield to me. does it only happen when the engine is hot?

have a nice day

sanj

If the exhaust is cracked or blowing at the wrong point it will do that as my exhaust when that went (cracked just before the backbox) it made the car vibrate at about that rev range. Check for holes in the exhaust as you might be able to plan for it. I was lucky in that my mate is a welder and mechanic and did a temp job on it.

If it is a standard backbox from toyota is £160 for backbox clamp and gasket.

Optionally go for a powerflow stainless steel custom backbox from £180 (mine was £185)

Hop that helps.

Matt

I've ordered all new spark plugs, leads, distributer, and rotor arm so i'm gonna replace them anyway, but i'll check the exhaust aswell, but i was kinda hoping that my stock exhaust was gonna hold out untill my bodykit is finished.

Thanks A lot

The problem is def the heat sheild. Same happened to me 3 weeks ago, i just got my mate to tighten the heat sheild, and !Removed!'s your grannys auntie!!!

Just last week my exhaust went before the back box, and got a temp weld till i get some quotes for custom exhausts back.

Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

p.s Anyone give me a rough idea on how much PI springs would cost to buy and fit?

it looked pretty solid when i looked but another look couldn't go a miss. Thanks.

Also anyone got a 'seo with a twin twin exhaust setup?, how's it look?, I was thinking of going for a two 4" pipe tunable back boxes, but a mate has suggested twin twin with smaller pipes might look smarter, and i'm sorta coming round to the idea.

Also anyone got any good ideas for a cat upgrade?

also Flipt, fit em yourself, its more fun that way, springs are all around 100 quid.

try whacking the exhaust with a hammer lightly but quickly, vary the frequency and you might be able to get the offending item to resonate

have a nice day

sv

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links