Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Estate 1.8 Excel 2017

suntantel

Strange things are happening in car parks. Last month two people have chatted to me

asking if I wanted to sell my car !!!!

Naturally no but are the public finally aware of the Avensis when they have stopped making them??

Nice people but has happened at different locations. Just odd.

• Confused 1

On 3/1/2019 at 2:07 PM, suntantel said:

Strange things are happening in car parks. Last month two people have chatted to me

asking if I wanted to sell my car !!!!

Naturally no but are the public finally aware of the Avensis when they have stopped making them??

Nice people but has happened at different locations. Just odd.

You have generally one of the more reliable engines with less to go wrong, compared to equivalent engines from other makes. No diesel issues like dpf, injectors, dmf or egr. A lot of diesels will have to pay for the ULEZ that begins next month, this affects private hire vehicles too, but strangely black taxis are not included! Petrols and hybrids are not affected by the ULEZ so long as they are Euro 4. The people wanting your car, either owned one previously, and want another one, found out the 'secret' about Avensis, want to flip the car for a profit, PH drivers, but cannot afford a decent condition Auris TS hybrid which are commanding good fees. Avensis T27 are thin on the ground right now, especially petrols.

I live close to Kent, but my car is much older, so won't be getting offers like that. I am not ready to sell yet anyway.   

• Like 1

Good point, I did think maybe due to the New Corolla. Looks the same, Avensis just bigger in estate form.

Did put a comment on the site when I purchased the car. Nothing but enjoyable driving to be honest.

Won,t be letting this one go but nice to see the car being appreciated for any reason.

Had a look around and your right not much around in petrol with Excel trim. The TR 2008 is also

going well like yours so touchwood, until help required from the nice people on the forum.

All the best

As Konrad said they are excellent cars to buy used for someone that intends to hold onto them.

very reliable naturally aspirated engine to minimise potential expensive issues down the line & reasonable economy

very reliable auto box

estates very flexible/practical

long manufacturer warranty that is transferable to new owner

cheap to run

The downside for someone looking to buy is relatively few petrols around & even fewer available for sale 😛

Hopefully for an owner that translates into an easy sell when one does want to. 😄

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links