Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2010 1.8 petrol: Check parking brake + VSC + Engine warning lights

socratez

On 11/25/2020 at 7:27 PM, mrfixer said:

Car makers sell their cars and spare parts at different prices in different regions of the world. 

taking into consideration that the part is produced in Japan (cost of production must be the same) ... then not only they manufacture defective parts but making a lot of money selling defective parts to EU and USA 

Hi I have the same problem... 

How did you solve the problem? 

On 12/8/2020 at 12:40 AM, Ionel1234 said:

Hi I have the same problem... 

How did you solve the problem? 

Well the only solution is New Valvematic Controller (222A037025) ... from what i have searched try Russia with someone you may know it is a huge difference in the price. Most of EU countries around 800 euro and above while in Russia 340 euro. Used one not such a good option taking into consideration that this part breaks between 100.000 -150.000 km

• 2 months later...

Hello all 

I have a 2010 Avensis with almost 70 thousand miles

The The engine managemelt light, vsc and check parking brakes system lights came on roughly two hours after an mot and oil change . the oil thats was used is 5w/30  roughly a week latet the same lights came on   

I then used an OBDII reader to check the codes 

the codes that i found were 

P1047 - Valvematic driver learning valvue circuit B1

P1049 - valvematic circuit B

c1201 - engine control system fault

c1201 - engine control system malfunction 

the vehicle drives fine  and has no powerloss ?  

Any idea on what would cause this and what i should do to resolve the problem.

kai 

I hope it is not the Valvematic controller issue, that can affect cars built 2010 - 2012. I have seen posts from both Auris and Avensis owners on this forum. I one of the earliest built Valvematic Avensis, and I am not aware of any Avensis built before 2010 with this issue. I always use the preferred oil grade of 0w-20, and I always change the oil myself, along with the filter. I am using Petronas 7000 fully synthetic. My car has done just under 95,000 miles and recently MOT'd.  Back to the issue, have you revved the engine up to 5,000 plus rpm? This may show problem, but it might be fine.
I assume you have deleted the fault codes. If so, did they return? Check all the connections to all the sensors, including the MAF sensor, throttle body controller and any other items. If it is one of the Valvematic controllers, they can be a bit pricy!
Good luck.

• Sad 1

On 2/18/2021 at 9:51 PM, ChrisAvensis said:

Hello all 

I have a 2010 Avensis with almost 70 thousand miles

The The engine managemelt light, vsc and check parking brakes system lights came on roughly two hours after an mot and oil change . the oil thats was used is 5w/30  roughly a week latet the same lights came on   

I then used an OBDII reader to check the codes 

the codes that i found were 

P1047 - Valvematic driver learning valvue circuit B1

P1049 - valvematic circuit B

c1201 - engine control system fault

c1201 - engine control system malfunction 

the vehicle drives fine  and has no powerloss ?  

Any idea on what would cause this and what i should do to resolve the problem.

kai 

Well welcome to the " club " ... Valvematic problems ... and what i found the only reliable solution is New one. 

Try checking all other possible causes of the problem (electrical, oil quality etc) but i strongly believe at the end you will need new valvematic lift controller. 

What people say in forums ... the problem starts after 140.000km ... in my case 158.000 km. 

I had the problem while the engine had 0-20 oil and when changed to 5-30 .. always full synthetic. 

Eventually you will face power loss ... turn off and then on again maybe you will drive a few kms with no problem and then again power loss. 

Good luck 

• 2 years later...

I have the same problem, it feels like I bought one of your cars. Ive changed brake discs, hubs, wheel bearings, etc.

Did anyone find a permanent fix? How much can I scrap it for in 2023?

Have you checked the OBD-II fault codes? You need to do that so you know what has failed (it may not be the valvematic controller). Post back here when you have them and people will be able to advise further.

• Like 1

Hello again and thank you for the suggestions. Today, all EML and warning lights cleared spontaneously. Ran the OCD check and all was normal. The only thing I noticed was the date is back to 2006 and the time reset. Perhaps I should just leave the date and time as it is. No other electrical events were detected. I’ll be driving long distance tomorrow and will update you accordingly. 

11 hours ago, Cessna said:

...(it may not be the valvematic controller)...

A Valvematic fault is easy to spot; the engine lacks power. And that fault will certainly not go away by itself.

9 hours ago, avetoy said:

A Valvematic fault is easy to spot; the engine lacks power. And that fault will certainly not go away by itself.

Thankfully I have not had a Valvematic fault, so have no first hand experience. But I can imagine it certainly would not go away by itself 😞 I was just thinking that the error codes may help us see what is actually wrong in this instance.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2024 at 5:20 PM, Cessna said:

I was just thinking that the error codes may help us see what is actually wrong in this instance

I agree!

By the way, when my car valvematic was broken, the error codes were P1047, U0110B.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links