Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2.0D4d 126hp 1adftv loud whistle when revving

James_Delahunt

Hi everyone need some help with my 2008 1adftv 2.0d4d Avensis 126hp bout a week ago i cleaned the egr which was badly clogged with carbon car ran fine until bout 5 days later after 500km of driving this loud whistling from the engine bay i inspected the air hoses going to the turbo and found the hose clip from air filter to turbo inlet broken i have temporarily fixed this using canle ties and tape as i am far from home and need a clip for it whistle still there when revving still think it might be the hose which is not sealed properly? I read some other similar problems some people said it might also be one of the belt pulleys or tensioner maybe even belt itself i also was thinking egr but its a loyd turbo like whistle like air loss? Any suggestions btw im an apprentice Toyota technician.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links