Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris 2010 valvematic controller circuit problem

ZYS

I have Toyota Auris 2010 and check engine light intermittently comes on.

I have been to Toyota once and couple of times to other garages and code that comes indicate problem with ' valvematic controller circuit'

I have changed Battery and spark plugs but still problem persists.

Has any body faced similar situation

Please advice what should be done next

Very common fault,  accompanied by power loss.

Do you have the fault codes?

46 minutes ago, ZYS said:

Thanks for reply

Code P1047

Valvematic controller failure. Not that unusual. Only solution I know of it to replace the Valvematic unit. You might strike lucky and find a good secondhand part - but that's rare. Otherwise you are looking at a new part plus labour to fit. Expect £1k++

Go to japan-parts.eu, enter your VIN, and find the part, so you can get the part number.

Yes, the part is expensive, esp. if fixed at Toyota, so find some local garage to do it.

I would contact the wreckers in your area, or maybe even whole UK with the part number, it should be cheaper than getting it on ebay's and alike.

Thanks for reply. 

Again got car checked and now 2 codes are coming

P1047

U011B

is it still suggestive of problem with Valvematic controller

Local garages don’t have much idea about this

It appears that Toyota charges about £1500

Is it worth spending this much money, I am not sure if problem will be solved completely by new valvematic controller.

Please advise!

Plenty of topics on this, especially in recent times. You can get the part for half of what Toyota charges,or maybe even less, and get it replaced at a local garage, for a smaller sum.

The part sits on top of the engine, so it's not that hard to get it replaced. 

Sadly, a common, but expensive issue,you can use search so see how others fixed it, and maybe someone posted the cost.

There have been quite a few topics in the last month or two.

• 8 months later...
On 6/3/2019 at 9:40 PM, ZYS said:

Thanks for reply. 

Again got car checked and now 2 codes are coming

P1047

U011B

is it still suggestive of problem with Valvematic controller

Local garages don’t have much idea about this

It appears that Toyota charges about £1500

Is it worth spending this much money, I am not sure if problem will be solved completely by new valvematic controller.

Please advise!

I experienced the error U011B in my car.I changed the valvematic controller and this cleared the error.I am from Kenya in Nairobi.Luckily the junk yards have this unit.I got it for $120 and labour from a qualified Toyota technician was $80.This solved the error

On 6/3/2019 at 9:50 PM, furtula said:

Plenty of topics on this, especially in recent times. You can get the part for half of what Toyota charges,or maybe even less, and get it replaced at a local garage, for a smaller sum.

The part sits on top of the engine, so it's not that hard to get it replaced. 

Sadly, a common, but expensive issue,you can use search so see how others fixed it, and maybe someone posted the cost.

There have been quite a few topics in the last month or two.

The solution is to replace the valvematic control unit.In Kenya,Nairobi so many junk yards with the device( A lot of valvematic cars,so spares is not an issue).I got it for $120 and labour was $80.This cleared the error.

• 10 months later...

Am from Nairobi kenya, i hv Toyota Allion A18 valvematic Engine which has the similar problem, the local garage changed the valvematic circuit for me but still the check engine light keeps on re appearing and when i does the vehicle performance is greatly affected including fuel consumption am even thinking of replacing the entire engine its so frustrating, this valvematic is really interfering with toyota Engine stability since during fixing mechanic can easily mess with engine timing.

Could be the unit they used as a replacement part, is faulty. All the topics i saw related to this issue, were always caused by the valvematic circuit. You can use search to find more similar topic.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links