Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Roof rack for 2018 Aygo x-play

Webbie82

Hi all, I am looking to put a Roof Rack and box on my Aygo x-play 2018 model (68 plate). There is no information available from Toyota about the maximum roof load however. I have been told this is may be because Toyota don't recommend roof racks for the new 2018 model. I have seen roof racks installed on older editions of the Aygo so don't understand why the new model should be any different.

Does anyone happen to know if there is indeed an advertised max load capacity, or if you have managed to successfully install a Roof Rack on the new Aygo?

Many thanks, Richard 

The 2018 Aygo is just a facelift of the 2014. Best bet would be to contact Toyota customer services and ask the question. 

Toyota do not recommend a Roof Rack for the 2014> Mk2 Aygo and therefore there is no weight limit given

I would check what peugeot say as it's virtually the same.

25 minutes ago, X5Ken said:

I would check what peugeot say as it's virtually the same.

Don't really see this is relevant. Yes the C1/108/Aygo are built in the same plant (originally a Joint Venture, but now owned by Toyota), but there will be differences between the cars.

If Toyota don't recommend a Roof Rack being used and don't specify a roof loading, using roof bars or a Roof Rack will be entirely at the owners risk.

Thanks for your replies. Looks as though I'll have to give up on the Roof Rack idea as I don't fancy invalidating my warranty. Would still be be interested to hear if anyone has taken the risk and used a roof box without any problems. There are websites online advertising roof racks and boxes specifically for Aygos, so perhaps there is something out there that works? 

• 1 year later...

What would it mean if I put a Roof Rack on a Toyota aygo 2020 model. I have been advised to use the company called Thule (Roof bars). Would it create issues with wheel misalignment and could the warranty be invalidated?. Also how safe if I wished to put 2 Kayaks onto weighing at least 18kg each and one being 3.5mtrs?.

Exactly the same as the other Aygo's above ( the car is basically the same model since 2014 ) Toyota do not specify an acceptable weight nor supply/recommend installing roof bars, as to do so will require you to damage the car by peeling a rubber weather seal away from the car to allow the roof bar fixings somewhere to hold on.

Thank you Lee.

May I ask what would this do to the warranty and would it be very hazardous with 2 large Kayaks on top?

Presumably if you peel the rubber weather seal away, you have a risk of leaks occurring, plus, depending on the weight of the kayaks, possibly other roof damage.

Going against the manufacturers advice will be at your own risk and expense.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links