johalareewi

Plug in prius now has 5 seats

Local dealer has a new plugin arrived and it has 5 seats not 4.  Will be having a look later.

Of more importance, what's the boot capacity? We need that extra space on the back seat for overflow luggage 😄

Went to dealer as arranged  it but they had sent it out for a few days so couldn't see it.:( Salesman said the boot space with the 5 seats is the same as with 4 seats.  There are a few other cosmetic changes too apparently.  If you go the the plugin prius gallery on the toyota uk website, there is a picture of the new back seats.

On 7/12/2019 at 3:25 PM, altocumulus said:

Of more importance, what's the boot capacity? We need that extra space on the back seat for overflow luggage 😄

Looking at the pictures online, you can now lay stuff  across the back seat without the lump in the middle getting in the way.

Picture 2 in the gallery

https://www.toyota.co.uk/new-cars/prius-plugin/

• Like 1

Very Black inside now, amazing how much the little bit of white lifted the ambience, but heated seat switches you can see and reach! Are the rear seats really that far raked back. What does the radio do or not, with the change?

https://www.toyota.co.uk/new-cars/prius-plugin/?utm_source=ToyotaOwnersClub&utm_medium=ForumLinks

That linked page says

”An increased EV range up to 39 miles” (I think thats about 63 km)

As I understand , previous Prius PHEV gen 2  2017-19 has an EV range up to 31 miles (about 50km I think)

And Prius PHEV gen 1  2012-16 got an EV range up to 13 miles (about 21km)

So… does this new (or facelifted) Prius PHEV got a stronger Battery than the previous Prius PHEV  or has I misunderstood/got this wrong

Is there any more known news beside 5 seat and moved (thanks) seat heather buttons ?

The advertised EV range for the PHV was 39 miles before. I believe the piece of text you are quoting is old, and is a comparison to the 2012 PHV.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, HSDish said:

https://www.toyota.co.uk/new-cars/prius-plugin/?utm_source=ToyotaOwnersClub&utm_medium=ForumLinks

That linked page says

”An increased EV range up to 39 miles” (I think thats about 63 km)

As I understand , previous Prius PHEV gen 2  2017-19 has an EV range up to 31 miles (about 50km I think)

And Prius PHEV gen 1  2012-16 got an EV range up to 13 miles (about 21km)

So… does this new (or facelifted) Prius PHEV got a stronger battery than the previous Prius PHEV  or has I misunderstood/got this wrong

Is there any more known news beside 5 seat and moved (thanks) seat heather buttons ?

Up to 39 miles is the claim for the 2017/18 PHV. My maximum charge, so far, has been 36.5 miles. I like to think I am an economical driver, but the best I manage is around 28 miles from that - but road conditions hereabouts are a mite hilly :D.

Meanwhile my HV capability continues to rise, (possibly the last few weeks driving in that mode has loosened the engine) and my latest record on a home to Aberdeen trip is 93.9 mpg.

I think the 31 miles might be on the WLTP test, not sure - it could even be the old NEDC test. Not sure where the 39 miles is from.

US EPA test claims 25 miles, which is much more realistic, if not a bit pessimistic, but totally achievable in the real world.

• Like 1

I think 31 miles might well be WLTP. That's about right for reasonable warm-weather driving. Winter is obviously a completely different story.

The best I've managed in real range remains 36 miles. I am currently getting a reliable 34-35 every day. However, the range indicator is insisting every morning that I'll be able to go nearly 42 miles which is utter nonsense. 

Just for reference, I did some experimentation with manually resetting the on-board miles per kWh figure (which for no good reason won't reset with all the other economy figures) and found that a real range of 35 miles equates to driving at an indicated 6 miles per kWh. Something is clearly shonky there, as the usable capacity of the PHV is 7kWh which means I should actually be going those 42 miles. Clearly the miles per kWh figure is as inflated as the on-board mpg readout!

• Like 1