Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2019 RAV4 - Driving modes MPG

Southern Softy

Good morning all,

Have any owners found how the driving modes effect their MPG, does it make much difference ?

I can't really comment much as I stay in ECO for about 99% of the time, as I did for 100,000 miles on my last 2 Prius (a Gen 3 & Gen 4) primarily because it suits my relaxed driving style and makes it easier to have the level of control I desire.

I've seen comments by other on other Hybrids (mostly Prius) that when they've switched to Normal mpg has not changed, or even improved slightly.

I used the other modes briefly during the test drives and first couple of days with the car so I understood their differences on the RAV, and to check that they affect the level of acceleration under Cruise Control (they do).  When I'm letting CC handle acceleration up to the speed limit (which I do a lot) I may briefly switch to Normal or Sport to avoid holding up following traffic, as it accelerates in a very leisurely fashion in ECO (on dual carriageways almost everything passes me!).

For those with AWD, Sport mode also gives an added chart on the AWD display showing G forces, with a history trail.  While I don't have much use for it, it's cool to watch occasionally (I don't try to see how far I can push it 😁 too old to bother with that!).  The torque indicators are more interesting, however, as they show the rear motor adding power on more occasions than I expected.

20190715_201429 small.jpg

Thanks for that, the torque indicator sounds of interest and when I have finally received my vehicle I'll be sure to give it a go, still havnt seen too many Ravs out there yet??? 

I'll be sure to keep checking this thread as real world info as to achieved mpg in the different driving modes will give me some info on which to base my own. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links