Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2015 avensis 2 litre using oil (bmw engine)

bigmoxy

I"m back..

My car engine was in Toyota services and they changed a few component.

I understand ( was 2 years  ago, sorry for my delay) apparently the cause of oil consumption not was found.They changed oil pump, egr ( was a toyota recall), rings, bearings, resurface valves, all gaskets, ecc. I was one time and i saw my engine in milions of pices...non nice...

Conclusions...after all of this , I payed only my friction without work to change...I cleand DPF in a small lab....now the engine is perfect, I only have an indefinite oil consumption. After two years of buying tons of oil now this problem has disappeared. I have now done the first 20,000 km and I have to change the oil this days. I was lucy to do all of this in the period of warranty without costs, I had the car blocked for two months, but it was ok, I used my old avensis, the legendary T22.I have a suspicion that the DPF filter was somewhat affected by the excessive consumption of oil before, even if it was cleaned well, it is difficult to return to its parameters.

My car now is ok, compared to the previous period when I used to do a lot of kilometers per year, now I don't drive that much anymore, luckily for me, seeing the price of fuel.

what can I say, congratulations Toyota...sincerely

• Like 1

15 hours ago, hadriano said:

I"m back..

My car engine was in Toyota services and they changed a few component.

I understand ( was 2 years  ago, sorry for my delay) apparently the cause of oil consumption not was found.They changed oil pump, egr ( was a toyota recall), rings, bearings, resurface valves, all gaskets, ecc. I was one time and i saw my engine in milions of pices...non nice...

Conclusions...after all of this , I payed only my friction without work to change...I cleand DPF in a small lab....now the engine is perfect, I only have an indefinite oil consumption. After two years of buying tons of oil now this problem has disappeared. I have now done the first 20,000 km and I have to change the oil this days. I was lucy to do all of this in the period of warranty without costs, I had the car blocked for two months, but it was ok, I used my old avensis, the legendary T22.I have a suspicion that the DPF filter was somewhat affected by the excessive consumption of oil before, even if it was cleaned well, it is difficult to return to its parameters.

My car now is ok, compared to the previous period when I used to do a lot of kilometers per year, now I don't drive that much anymore, luckily for me, seeing the price of fuel.

what can I say, congratulations Toyota...sincerely

sell it on quick before run into any more bother and drive the older avensis .tbh thats what i would do . but i didnt have much bother from those vw group 1.9tdi cars they were great 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links