Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Previa Disks And Pads

anyone give me an idea of how much to replace the front disks and pads on my better halfs L reg UK Previa ?

Also, are they supposed to make a noise if the pads are on the limit ?

Also, how hard a job is it to replace these myself ? - not terribly mechanicaly minded.

Cheers

Peter

Hi it's a very simple job if you can jack up the car and change the wheel you can do the discs.The price when i did mine was around a £100 for the lot.

P.S. if you can measure your discs and get back to me it might be beneficial to us both.

Gareth

Watcha Gareth,

Thanks for the reply mate. Funny you should mention measuring the disks coz i have to do just that. I was in the process of buying a new set of front disks and pads, when i mentioned to the guy that i might as well get a new set of pads for the back ones. He said i must mean shoes coz my car would have drums on the back (coz it dont have ABS ?) I said no, i meant pads coz i do have disks on the back. Confused ?

Apparently if i dont have ABS(my wife tells me she doesnt see a ABS light come on when she switches on the ignition, and to be honest i dont ever remember it kicking in at any time) I should have drums on the back.

Anyone help me out here, and let me know what i have.

The car is a UK GL model L reg aug 93 registered.

Cheers

Peter

if L plate uk car should be discs on back but the handbrake is inside the discs with shoes to operate on the inside like a drum! confused i was when i did mine! jack up rear and remove wheel you will see what i mean.

Cheers Dognut,

So no ABS on mine right ?

Wouldnt happen to know what size disks are on it would you ?

Cheers

Peter

Well Guys,

After getting quoted £450 from a garage to replace the front disk and pads on my better halfs Previa, i decided to have a go myself and fit em.

Got the disks and pads from a really good shop in Croydon for .....wait for it..............£58 including VAT !!!!!

After a bit of head scratching, i finally worked out that you can swing the Caliper out and just slot the new pads in. Did both sides in about 1 hour.

Just orderd a Previa manual from a guy on eBay. Hope that will help me in the future, as i think that i am going to tackle a few more jobs myself, rather than letting a garage rip me off.

PS -thanks for the offer Gareth.

Cheers

Pete

Nice

Peter

try this, you maybe surprised

http://www.buypartsby.co.uk

use the drop down menu to select front or rear, i was pleasantly surprised that the previa discs can be as little as 25 quid each and pads at 20 quid for a set! Also, Delphi are a decent enough make.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links