Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota RAV4 2005 D-4D Diesel losing power (P0627)

Joan K

I have a Toyota RAV4 2005 D4D 2.0 Diesel. After a long trip (500 km), I parked the car for some hours, and on my return I tried to start the engine and it didn't start with the first time. With the second time it started but with toil. Then I noticed that the engine light came on, and driving the car I also noticed that I was losing power, for example; to shift from second gear to the third gear I went to 2800rpm and shifted to the third gear, but the car wasn't accelerating at all. I pushed more the gas pedal but the rpm went down to 1200 rpm. strange. I checked the error code with my OBD-II reader and I was getting the code: "P0627 OBD-II Trouble Code: Fuel Pump “A” Control Circuit /Open". I cleared the code and the next days the car was OK. The code didn't appeared again. This thing happen 5 days ago. Any suggestion?
Also I have noticed that on hills climbing(strong ones) I have to push the gas pedal almost to the end because the engine stops. This problem is happening from 2/3 years ago when I bought the car. Could these be related?

On a 2005 2.0 1CDFTV Diesel P0627 relates to faulty Suction control valves, modified valves are available as a kit under part number 04221-27012 & 4 x 22128-27010 ( bolts to retain the SCV's)

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same prob with my car Rav4 2.0 Diesel D-4D, year 2005. The code P0627 means that the SCV's are out. I had replacing them, but the probleme is yet available.  

I've  a same problem with my car Rav4 d-4d 2.0,  116 HP?  some one had resolve it? P0627. I;had install new SCV valve's but the probleme is yet available?!!! thanks

Edited by FROSTYBALLS
Shouting removed

As far as I understand, the modified SCV fix has to be done with an ECU software update when you get the valve changed. Did you get the ECU updated?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links