Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

SR180 Drivers Seat Issue

Tintie

I've had the car (2008) about 18 month and this has niggled at me.. The foam/padding in the drivers seat down the right side of the base is pretty squashed out of shape. Has anyone ever had car seats re upholstered before? I'm imaging a big cost :/ .. I've squished and added a bit of padding but its far from perfect and pretty fidgety still. I keep looking in eBay for seats but i have that rare thing of a 3 door version :D. A random one i know.. Anyone? 

The seat material wears down pretty quickly on 1st gen, esp the part you mention and the padding.

I have the same problem, to me it's due to high position of the seats as opposed to the road, and the seats being further inward, so you have a longer way to get out than some of the other cars, and you have to turn to the side, then get out.

Comparing this to  mazda 3 which i had before, you open the door and you can easily put one leg on the road, whereas in the auris i find not the same.

Cheapest solution would be to fix the padding and get some nice covers, maybe custom made, but still wont be that cheap.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links