Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Warranty

Sharonmcneill

my verso was bought in Manchester and brought back to Ireland. It is a 2014 model. 5 year Warranty ended 3 weeks ago and yesterday the timing chain went in it resulting in me being stranded. Does anyone know wouls toyota help with cost of repair with warranty only being out a little while? Apparently it's going to be a costly repair

Moved to the Verso club.

As far as I'm aware the 5 year/100,000 mile new car warranty is only for UK customers - the warranty extension beyond the standard 3 year/100,000km new car warranty is provided by Toyota GB. As the vehicle has been exported to Ireland, I imagine the new car warranty would revert to the 3 year/100,000km new car warranty. 

It would be Toyota Ireland who need to be approached re a possible goodwill contribution, as that is where the vehicle is now based. The outcome of this would probably depend on whether the car has a full Toyota service history.

Bear in mind that if a goodwill contribution were to be agreed by Toyota Ireland, it may be a contribution rather than the full cost of repair.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for your reply. i have used my warranty to fix parts up the north of Ireland about 6 months ago. Car has full Toyota service history. I will make contact and see if they can help. 

Northern Ireland is part of the UK, so the Toyota GB warranty would be valid there, but not in (Southern) Ireland.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links