Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2019 Dynamic AWD fuel tank size question

MrNuts

1 minute ago, Iain_M said:

My wife mentioned to me that the RAV needed to be filled cos she had 'forgotten to do it'. The car was showing low fuel and she had been running around like that for a few days, not sure what mileage she did. Anyway, I trundled along to the garage and noted the range stated 18 miles left in the tank I filled the tank up and managed to get 48.04 lts into it. If the tank is indeed a 55 lt tank then there was just under 7 lt left in the tank. Seems 18 miles range left was a bit pessimistic, however, I don't intend to run the tank down to see if I can get it to zero miles left lol.

Er, no ... the 18 miles range remaining was to the point that Toyota felt that you should refill the tank rather than the distance before it stopped dead.

If you assume that Toyota allow for a 10% reserve - because that's what it appears to be - the the remaining 18 mile range is what the car thinks it can do on the 1.5 litres before it goes into reserve. This comes out at around 54 mpg which seems OK?

• Like 1

Yup, totally agree philip42h. My car is set to show each trip mpg on the dashboard and I am usually at about 58-60 mpg per trip so I am content with that. Not told the wife and of this as the next time she runs the tank down it could be worse lol.

• Haha 1

Yea the range doesn't include the reserve, which is why you get situations where you're running on 0 miles range remaining for 20 miles as demonstrated by Clarkson and many YouTube car channels :laugh: 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links