Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Engine ?

Corolla-98

Which Engine should I choose  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which Engine should I choose

• 4AGZE SuperCharged
    • 4AGE 20 VALVE
    • Keep AE111
    • Keep AE111 but gas flow head & bore out

There is a new garage in Ipswich that is going to help me turn my Corolla 98 ( WRC look-a-like ) into a fire spitting full WRC rally head turner, the company is called " Lorven Performance Services " , I have given them a buget of £2,000 to play with for parts.

Please let me know what you would go for any why..

LPS are having their rolling road installed next week.. :thumbsup:

....or 3sgte?? Fensport. lol

Nah, go for the 4AGZE!!

Hopefully i will be in a couple of years! :D

Its gotta be the 4A-GZE!!! :thumbsup:

It's a beast, and will rev till kingdon come! You won't have any worries with that engine mate!!!

I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Na, :!Removed!: I think they would have to get the mighty tin opener, I would rather let them take out the old and drop in the new... even with the 4AGZE there is not much room to swing a cat ( or hamster ) :unsure:

The 4AGZE does sound the better engine - Fensport would sell me everything I need including the nice intercooler and hoses for around £1750.00..

From what I have been told, the 4AGZE gives out around 165BHP and the 4AGE 20V would give me 160BHP.. plus it's £300 cheaper.

Ask Knowlson, he's the man on that one,

whatever anyone says :thumbsup:

I reckon the 4AGZE Supecharged is the way mate,

:censor: cheapness, you know you want it :D :lol::thumbsup:

The 20V does sound tasty too though :thumbsup:

What I would like is a 2ltr with a CT20 turbo slapped to it's side :o 299bhp :wacko: 510Nm Max torque :blink:

From what I have been told, the 4AGZE gives out around 165BHP and the 4AGE 20V would give me 160BHP.. plus it's £300 cheaper.

From what I've been told by someone who has actually had a 20v is that there's not a lot of torque at low revs and you have to rev the nuts off it to get it to go anywhere. Whereas the 4a-gze has loads of torque low down but runs out of puff at higher revs. My GZE has about 117 lbft of torque at 1700revs and peaks at 168lbft at 4400revs. Peak power is 187 bhp at 6470 revs but that's with a Fensport pulley and Unichip (all are flywheel figures).

As the 4a-gze engine and gearbox are much heavier than the 4e-fe you MUST also do some work on the suspension. I've gone for Koni adjustable shocks and 30% uprated springs and it's still a bit soft. Knowlson transplanted the suspension from the AE101 front cut - so there's more than one way round the problem.

Budget for spending at least twice as much as you think you need to spend and then add on a bit more :D :P

The other thing is that once you have that power you quickly get used to it and want MORE and MORE :shutit: :yes:

The 4AGZE does sound the better engine - Fensport would sell me everything I need including the nice intercooler and hoses for around £1750.00..

Your best bet for the 4A-GZE is http://www.jbmotorsport.co.uk/

John Barnes is cheaper than Fensport and apparently the engines are in better nick as well! :thumbsup:

If you are going to do it get the engine from JBMotorsport like TOYMOTA suggested :thumbsup:

The 3sgte swap is a big job to get it all fitted you are looking at over 6k for the engine and install thats not taking into account all the suspension + exhaust + brakes and so on and so on :lol: also I have no idea how long it takes to get fitted

The 4agze is a very easy swap the engine mounts in same place except for 1 mount :thumbsup: But dont expect more then 200bhp out of the engine.

To be honest mate I would not bother if you want a faster car go and buy one :thumbsup:

Dawsey has a 3sgte fitted and he's spent about £15k so far. He's gotta spend more now as it blew up recently!!!

Unless you own one of those illusive money trees then go for the 4A-GZE!!! :thumbsup:

If you want more power then how about one of the following:

(Stock power figures and prices based both on Autotrader and ebay)

Supra mk3 Turbo/Twin Turbo - 230-280bhp - £400-3000

Celica GT4 ST185/ST205 - 200-255bhp - £1000-9000

MR2 Turbo - 200-245bhp - £1000-6000

Take your two grand and add the sale value of your corolla and upgrade to some real glorious power levels :D

Thanks to all for the advice, I'm going for the Supercharged power, :thumbsup: Should be up and running ready for the November SantaPod meet.. :!Removed!:

Just have to feed that money tree extra " GrowMore " :D

Thanks to all for the advice, I'm going for the Supercharged power, :thumbsup: Should be up and running ready for the November SantaPod meet.. :!Removed!:

Just have to feed that money tree extra " GrowMore " :D

Sounds good mate :thumbsup:

When you going to start the conversion?

As soon as I order the engine from JB Motorsport, While I'm waiting for delivery, the motor is having the bonnet vent cut out (Custom Intercooler fitted on Front ) to keep everything looking like the propper WRC :thumbsup: New ceramic disks , 3" pipe work into a 4" custom back box, roll cage fitted, by the time all this has been done the engine will be ready B)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links