Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1.2T Exhaust

AYGO59

Hi all,

My parents have just bought an Auris 1.2T 2015 with 10,000 miles from a Toyota main dealer (not local to us). They love the car but I was wondering about the exhaust sound. It sounds like it’s blowing? I don’t know if this is a characteristic of the car, due to the chrome tip it has or it is actually blowing. It has quite a deep sound from the rear when manoeuvring at low speed/revs. It seems fine on the move. 
If anybody with or familiar with the 1.2T could shed some light on this, that would be great.

Many thanks.

Hi, I don’t think it’s anything wrong with the exhaust pipes at such a low miles and years, it’s more likely the way those cars are. I don’t have 1.2T but judging from experience with other turbo petrol cars , they sounds exactly the same. 

Wait a few more days until colder weather kicks in, so you can check under the car, but i would suggest just enjoy the car, and not worry about such trifles. 

A damp rag up the tail pipe while the car is running will find a blow quickly, low mileage means nothing it could have done 1000's of short trips and the engine has never got right up to temperature in turn the exhaust just fills up with condensation and rots from the inside out

I’m not sure either way now to be honest. I’ve uploaded a couple of poor clips above to help me explain 😂🤦🏻‍♂️. It sounds louder in the flesh I think.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links