Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Carina Owner

drifter

We bought the Polo as a stop-gap eighteen months ago and it's been trouble free. However, an addition to the family meant we needed a bigger car. We've been (I've been ;) ) looking for a few weeks.

Today I saw her.

A white Carina 1.8 GS three owners 52,000 miles on the clock. Looks in great nick. Engine runs sweet as a nut. Took her for a test drive for about fifteen minutes worth of urban and motorway. A lazy, lovely drive. It's an automatic. I have an arthritic left hip and spend my days wrestling with sixteen gears in an artic so the chance to chill out will be welcome.

We're coughing up two grand plus the old polo (no longer mint) for this motor - don't tell me I'm making a huge mistake. I need some encouragement here folks :D

aL

p.s. Most of our money goes on our motor-bike - the car is a secondary consideration and we only do about 7,000 miles a year mostly to mutha-in-laws, asda and market harborough from Manchester. Hoping to get two good years out of the Toyota.

Hi and welcome to the club...

If your after a Carina to last you 2 years I have some bad news for you it will last you a lot, lot, longer :D :D :D

The Carina as with all Toyota's are solid and if looked after with regular servicing will be a great gift to hand down after your gone, joking a side your on for a safe bet.

I know a couple of people with Carina's running over 100 and 200 thousand miles and apart from standard parts changes with that mileage they have had no problems...

Plus the advantage of having a Toyota if you were unfortunate to run into a problem there is enough knowledge floating around the forum that by asking the questions we should be able to find you a cheap way of getting it back up and running....

I agree with Ryan.. rock solid motors and if serviced on time when due you will have a very reliable car.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links