Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris fails to start!

CaseyC

I desperately need help with my 2007 Yaris S. For the past week I have been unable to get this car to start. It will turn over (see video) but fails to start. Car has gas, Battery has adequate charge. Not matter what it will not start. Someone mentioned timing belt, others have mentioned spark plugs but I can't see either of them being the issue as it was working fine one and then just stopped. Feel free to ask any additional questions.

Faulty ignition switch maybe or fuel pump knackered. I'd try the fuel pump first.

First, dont crank too much, you will wear out the Battery.

Have you tried other key? Could be your immobilizer chip, sometimes they die and this is the symptom of a dead chip, crank but no start.

Easy things to do, crank a bit, take one spark plug out, is the spark wet? Yes, then there should be sufficient fuel.

Is the spark dry? You have no fuel, check the fuel hoses and pump.

Have you tried reading the codes (with a diagnostic tool that is not cheapest one off ebay) ?

If you can, take all spark plugs out and look at the condition.  Are they black - not so good. Are they light brown colour - that’s good. 
When was the car last serviced. How many miles ago.? Can you contact them?
Are you a member of a breakdown service?  If so call them out, you not driven the car for x days and it won’t start.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links