Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis 2.2 D-cat abnormal rail pressure

notatoyotaguy

Hello,

I'm not familiar much with the Denso injection system (Much more prefer cars with Bosch system) but my neighbour has a cold starting issue with his car or just a random not starting issue.

Anyway he cranked his Battery almost empty and when i went over and gave "crocodiles" it started without issues so i connected my delphi diagnostics up and saw that there were no fault codes so i went to check values. I saw that the rail pressure fluctuates really bad even in idle conditions which i deemed strange since with Bosch injection system with this kind of fluctuations you will get a fault code. I do know that the DPF has been programmed out from this car so could be that the fault tables are too broadly modified?

I made a video also, the car is at idle with engine warmed up.

Anyway my main question is: Is that kind of fluctuations normal or are they pointing to rail pressure control valve or quantity adjustment valve? I read that in another thread there were problems with SCV which is similiar to Bosch CP3 quantity regulation... 

https://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/175778-avensis-d-cat-poor-cold-start/

Video:

• 2 weeks later...

its either faulty commonrail sensor sending bad signal back to ecu or else scv i had cold starting issue scv sorted it

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links