Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

O2 sensor not working after working on car

Swaentrain

ok so it started with me trying to clean my fuel injectors with a little kit I got online, I took them out and cleaned them and I did not disconnect the batter.  cleaning them involved connecting two prongs to the Battery and I did this without disconnecting it and randomly tapping on the positive to turn the fuel injectors on and off for the cleaning.  the o-rings I got did not fit and after trying to turn on the car multiple times I realized it was leaking fuel.  stupidly used the blue permatex to try and go seal off the leak and that obviously did not work. I saw some of the permatex get into the combustion chamber so that could be a part of it.  after finally getting the o-rings I needed from a junkyard the short-term fuel trim was stuck at 19.5% so I restarted the Battery but it just came back to that same number. It was sucking open loop for a while and gave me a p0125 multiple times after resetting it, the O2 sensor works normally when starting up the car and if I remain in idle but after driving off on the road for around five minutes it reverts back to reading lean and reading 0 volts for the 02. So I know to a point that it works and that it's not a fuel injector I fried because it would be showing lean or Rich the whole time instead of happening after 5 minutes of driving. Does anybody have any input on this? I should also mention I unplugged the fuel injectors multiple times without disconnecting the Battery

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links