Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mk1 Yaris ABS Speed Sensor Replacement

dickson2001

Currently having issues with my ABS where the brake pedal is kicking back at low speeds causing a loud vibrating noise and i want to get it sorted for when i can eventually get an MOT sorted. From what ive heard it isnt overly difficult to do yourself but with only ever having done the pads on the car myself i was wondering how difficult really is to do. A step-by-step or any advice for doing so would be greatly appreciated!

wheel off, one bolt, undo the plug, pop the cable out of the mount, but it may also be the ring it detects from that's the issue

You really need to diagnose the issue it should be throwing a code

Did it on son's Mark 1.

jack up car on affcetd side.

Remove road wheel. Remove wires at connector inside engine bay.

Sensor is attached to hub with one (two? cannot recal) bolt. Spay with rust remover and wait.

Unbolt and  CAREFULLY remove sensor..If it sticks and breaks up you may end up with bits on top of driveshaft.. remove them.

Replace.

The problem is corrosion.. it may be fiixed in place with rust..

edit: (after reading post above).. You can test resistance across connectors with a multimeter. IIRC the correct resistance is c1.5Kohm. If it's zero, the sensor has shorted internally. If it is infinite then a broken wire. If it is in the correct range, then the ring on the driveshaft or another sensor may be faulty (or two?)

I've seen that before, the reluctor had a split in it.  It was difficult to see the crack.

No fault codes were displayed at any time.

Just a thought if its a rear sensor its part of the hub, its a complete hub replacement

Ive had the car looked at already and its been narrowed down to the front drivers side sensor because apparently there was a crack of some description, not much detail was given.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links