Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Retro fit cruise control

flyphil

I just picked up a 2006 Corolla yesterday. Pleased with it and surprised how quick it is for a 1.6 litre. Indeed on the Motorway had difficulty maintaining the speed limit. Hence my question. Is it possible to fit a cruise control, cost and difficulty to fit. Anyone any experience doing this? 

Thanks for any help. Phil, Scottish Borders.

• Like 1

Hi,

If you 'Search' this forum you will find a few  lengthy and detailed threads on this subject.

If I remember correctly it is possible, but not an easy job, hence us not doing it. 

Might also invalidate your insurance if you do not inform them of any changes to factory specs.

• Like 1

Hi thanks for reply. I did do a search and found a description for an Auris. It seemed to be simple just requiring the switch and a small cable. 

Probably different for the Corolla. May ring local dealer to ask how many thousands they would charge. 🙂

• Like 1

Hi just called my local dealer and asked if it was possible. They said No. ??

• Like 1

Hi,

Not a chance by a Toyota dealer !  even if they could, probably be cheaper to buy a new 2020 Corolla :laugh:

Have a look at this thread by Burkov which covers whats needed / possible.

https://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/125326-cruise-control-on-e12-2006-16vvti/?tab=comments#comment-1118298

You can order the stalk unit quiet cheaply from ebay/china.

Just be aware of airbag safety when doing anything around the steering wheel.

FYI also search the forum for the recent posts on fitting new head units and their compatability with the steering wheel radio controls

• Like 1

Yes indeed, seems like a lot of awkward mods. Wonder if its worth the hassel.

On 6/3/2020 at 2:56 PM, flyphil said:

Yes indeed, seems like a lot of awkward mods. Wonder if its worth the hassel.

Check if your car has drive-by-wire or cable throttle control. If drive-by-wire it's a fairly easy job. Check near the accelerator pedal, there should be wiring and possibly a switch. 

3 hours ago, Vitor Pereira said:

Check if your car has drive-by-wire or cable throttle control. If drive-by-wire it's a fairly easy job. Check near the accelerator pedal, there should be wiring and possibly a switch. 

Hi,

UK 2006 models are drive by wire - you make it sound easy though that previous post/link above does not ?

Can you say how you have done yours - a feature many would still like.

On 6/8/2020 at 9:24 PM, oldcodger said:

Hi,

UK 2006 models are drive by wire - you make it sound easy though that previous post/link above does not ?

Can you say how you have done yours - a feature many would still like.

Yes I agree. This would be of great interest. It seems it might be possible on later Auris.

However according to my handbook the Corolla could come with cruise.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links