Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

NHW20 Gen 2 new wheels

Martin J

My 2005 NHW20 is in good shape but needs new tyres. Having had a bad experience with budget tyres, I'm minded to cough up for some Michelin Crossclimates.

However, the wheels themselves are now quite badly corroded, one of them sufficiently that the tyre is losing pressure slowly. Have any other NHW20 owners recently invested in replacement wheels, and does anyone have any idea what they cost?  Obviously, the car (owned from new) is worth much more to me than its book value (the insurers tried to write it off when its cat was stolen earlier this year).

Apologies for starting a new thread - the search function didn't retrieve any recent posts on this.

Had Crossclimates Plus on the Prius and they are very good. Go for the 205/55/16, they are cheaper and car handles better. If wheels are not cracked, I would recommend refurbing them. Can be done for about 50£ per wheel.

• Like 1

Fitted cross climates to my 2016 Prius Excel. I like them, car handles well though I do get the impression they are a bit noisier & fuel consumption went up slightly. They are wearing well so if they do last longer they probably work out as cheap if not cheaper than budget tyres.  Never tried them in snowy conditions because it didn’t snow last Winter so I can’t say how they would perform. Hope this helps

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links