Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Do you want to take a break?

AndrueC

Does anyone know off the top of their head how to disable this? I think my dealer must have enabled it during the service. I'm not in a position to download the manual at the moment and couldn't find anything obvious in the menus.

It seems like it appears on the dash after you've been driving for two hours.

It is linked to the LDA Lane departure system. If the car detects a period of "Sway" within the lane, it will suggest that you take a break and a coffee cup will appear.

You then take the car to your authorised Starbucks dealer......

The manual says you can reduce the sensitivity of Lane Sway in the settings menu or switch it off . I have not tried. Otherwise, you just cancel it using the back button if you see it a lot.

I can;t see anything in the manual about this warning appearing after a time related non stop driving issue. But that's not to say that feature is not there as well! As you know, it takes a while to find what you want in these manuals. My mum's Ford Anglia manual was about 15 pages long.And that covered everything.

image.thumb.png.7c336162404844927d9a2585c3b4a0a3.png

• Like 1

The driver drowsiness/distraction warning will be in anticipation of it becoming mandatory on new vehicles within the EU from 2022.

• Like 4

Interesting. It appeared the first time on a single lane road after several junctions and I wondered if a couple of hard breaking incidents had triggered it (not emergency stops but hard by my standards). But it appeared this morning while I was driving along the M42 and I don't think I was lane drifting. In both cases it appeared to be two hours since I set off.

I'm intrigued and a little concerned if it relates to the way I've been driving 😕

On a partially related note why the *censored* does the sat nav have such an affinity for the A41? It picked it as the most economical route for Brackley to Llandudno and picked it as the fastest route back. Personally I'd say A5 or M56 have the potential to be faster and for sure have fewer roundabouts 😕

• 1 month later...

I think it happens if you have driven for a certain amount of time without stopping, around 2 hours would be my guess.  I have also seen the same thing in Kia Sportage and Hyundai i40.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links