Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Roof Bars for Toyota Corolla Verso 2009 without rails

jlawton

Hi,

As stated in the topic, i'm looking to buy a set of roof bars for our 2009 Corolla Verso, which doesn't have rails.

The manual only mentions using roof bars on the version of my car which does come with rails, which made me think it's not possible, yet there are various websites advertising roof bars for cars without rails, which look like they have rubber feet sitting over the window frames, with an L shaped mounting fitting in the space between the door and the frame.

One of the websites i've contacted so far about the roof bars have been very unhelpful, simply stating the instructions for installation come with the product,while their website states you should refer to your manual for the correct mounting position.

Has anyone had any experience using roof bars without rails.

We're going up to a remote area of Scotland for 2 weeks soon and with our 2 kids we'll have to take a lot of stuff with us, so could do with the extra space a roof box would give us.

Thanks

Jim

Have a look at the first part of the following topic:

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply, I did search the forum before posting for a while but couldn't find anything.

Good to see some instructions on how to do it, the links in the post didn't work but at least it gave me a part number to use.

I've found a genuine set for sale on facebook in Dukinfield, 100 miles north of me for £40 so tempted to do the 4 hour round trip just to get them, looks like buying them from shops is hellishly expensive!

I bought a set of Cruz roof bars for our mk1 Yaris.

They clamp to the body above the front and rear doors.

I followed the instructions enclosed and had no problems. Best with two  people.

These probably won't fit the Corolla  but if anyone wants them they are free to  collect from 12m south of Bristol.

We no longer have the Yaris.

Don

Farrington Gurney

Cruz bars.jpg

Still not managed to get my hands on any of these yet.

I arranged a courier to pickup the ones in Dukinfield, asked the seller for the best day for pickup. But then the seller went out for the day, leaving the bars on the grass with no note for the courier. So i'm now already £18 down!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links