Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auto Dipping Interior Mirror

stevecrvn

that's the way it works, power comes in on the left, with a ground side control from the BCM

• Like 1

Thanks Flash22

I was just hoping there was already an ignition switched cable in place in the roof area.  I'm nervous of the windscreen pillars due to the air bag.  I never thought of down the door rubber section.  This is my 1st car with airbags (and indeed decent heater, power steering, power brakes, non leaking roof etc).  I've owned 2 proper Minis, 2 MG Midgets, and a Mk2 Fiesta XR2 based kit car, so a working decent heater is a luxury 🙂

Best regards

James T

As long as you run the cabling on the windscreen side of the A-pillar and not the door side it should be safe. If your issue is you don't want to remove the A-pillar in case it triggers the air bag, then running it down the rubber weather stripping is probably the next best option, but you have to be careful the cable either goes under the top of the A-pillar housing or just clears it completely, so the cable isn't in its popping-out path.

I haven't remounted my cabling yet as I couldn't get the A-pillar off, so it's just magic-taped to the window side of the A-pillar for now :laugh: 

I might wait until summer as I swear it came off easier than this the first time I did it, which was in summer, and I don't want to pull on it any harder in case I break something :eek: 

No issue working on the A pillar, there is only a physical tether (strap mount), the sensor/charge is in the roof

• Like 1

Thanks both, looks like I will be running it down the rubber strip then, and into the USB port in the glovebox.  

• Like 1

Take care heading for the rubber door seal if that’s what you mean.  You mustn’t cross the airbag of somebody will get garrotted if it goes off. If you must go behind the rubber make sure you go under rather than over.  Getting the a pillar trim off is easy and the best way.  I did in a supermarket car park not long ago to show them.  I’ll find it if I can……

• Like 2

I got you covered mate; I bookmarked the smeg out of that after you posted it :laugh:

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Decent trim tools make the job very easy,

I’ve got a full set of Facom trim tools but that A trim comes off easy 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

Decent trim tools make the job very easy,

I have a toothbrush I sharpened the end of and some guitar picks...? :unsure: :sweatdrop:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nothing but the best 99p flat blade and some insulting tape over the end,

I have a good set from Sykes Pickavant, a set of I Fix It in stainless steel and a iSesamo Spudger for the finer work

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks Anchorman & Cyker...

Strewth...  Nice video.  That makes a lot more sense now on what is behind the plastic trim.  From the look of your video, I am better to go down between the windscreen and plastic trim, then along the far left dashboard and down as per Cyker?

Thanks for the advise and the warnings as well.

Best regards

James T

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, James T said:

Thanks Anchorman & Cyker...

Strewth...  Nice video.  That makes a lot more sense now on what is behind the plastic trim.  From the look of your video, I am better to go down between the windscreen and plastic trim, then along the far left dashboard and down as per Cyker?

Thanks for the advise and the warnings as well.

Best regards

James T

Once you get that trim out there’s an opening at the bottom.   You come out behind the glove box.  You know how to get the glove box out right?

• Like 2

Hi Anchorman

Being able to go straight down behind the dash makes life even easier (I was scared to ask about that!).  I have taken the glovebox out to replace the air con filter - I don't think that had been looked at for a few years.  

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links