Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

leaks 2NZFE

laco

Hello everyone.

Im no mechanic, help me here please.

Ive noticed oil drops on my driveway and cant determine, where is the leak coming from. After closer look I think oil comes from this area, looking like from this bolt, as I can see that are is black from oil and overnight I see few drops on ground. Cant be sure if it is engine oil or comes from power steering reserviur. 

Took some pics.

Please tell me that its an easy fix

IMG_20200802_195456.jpg

IMG_20200802_195517.jpg

IMG_20200802_195435.jpg

IMG_20200802_195446.jpg

its the power steering pump, there was a similar thread not long ago

1 hour ago, laco said:

I can see that are is black from oil

Whilst it could be related to the steering pump, black oil would usually indicate engine oil. Steering fluid should be a varying shade of red. Perhaps the steering fluid has never been changed and the viscosity is significantly deteriorated? 

hmm.. hard to say for me..as the oil/fluid goes down, it seems black and I cant really see well. Do you think that because viscosity is significantly deteriorated, it can leak and i need to replace the fluid then? I wouldnt be surprised if the fluid is 15y old and car has 100k miles

Only way to tell is clean it up with some degreaser, 15-year-old PS fluid will be black if not changed, judging by the oem aux/fan belt that has nicks in it's the one it left the factory with

at 15 years old i would think the cam cover gasket has gone crispy, that's the most common place it will leak oil from

aaah..ill better go get it checked in garrage hope its not an expencive fix, thanks for response

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links