Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

self ejecting gear lever!

Pete King

Hi. I don't actually own a Yaris, but my daughter does. It is a 1.0 hatch, 97 reg, with the "semi auto" box (gear lever, no clutch). The gear lever retaining clip has lost its spring and the lever keeps popping out, usually at an inconvenient time. The gearbox is a bit *******, so sometimes needs effort to shift. Clever girl, she can repair it for a while! I cannot seem to locate a new clip. I am not in the area where she lives, so I cannot have look to effect a repair.Does anyone on here have a remedy?

Pete

Do you mean a '57 plate' 2007 as the gen 1 yaris didn't come out till 1999

is it 1.0 or 1.3 ? The MMT does have a clutch it a basically an automated manual

what clip are you referring to as the knob screws onto the shaft and the shaft is part of the shifter assembly

eg.

If it has the long tall stick (release button) that shifts in a straight line it has the cvt (gen 1 1999-2005)

eg. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Yaris-MK1-1-3-99-05-Gearshift-Lever-Shifter-Automatic-Gear-Selector/333645656234?hash=item4daed4b0aa:g:~qwAAOSwirVeZGbR

Hi Flash. It is a '99 plate, it has no clutch, but the gearbox works like a manual (ie, you use like a normal 'box, but do not use a clutch). There is a wire clip at the base of the lever that holds it in place in the assembly. It is that which is faulty, we/she can put it back in place, but the "spring" has gone.

Pete.

13 hours ago, Pete King said:

it has no clutch

It does but it's controlled by electrickery and a brainless module! No clutch "pedal".

On 8/2/2020 at 8:05 PM, Pete King said:

The gearbox is a bit *******

More than a bit. Been there, owned one.

Could be the Freetronic transmission, which preceded the Multi Mode Transmission.

Yes, that's the part, not sure if I want to pay 30 quid for a whole assembly when I only need the clip!

The clips a few quid from a dealer if available

drop @Parts-King a PM with that part number above ( 90468-14034 )

Thanks peoples, not getting anywhere, will suggest she use a cable tie! And, yes, I did mean no clutch LEVER!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links