Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 2019 log book

Abo

Hi all,

I am new to the club, just bought a Rav4 2019 Design version. Really pleased with the car. However, there are few things that is bugging me and just need your opinion. First, the V5 does not show who the previous owner was, which is not something I experienced before. During the car delivery I managed to read notes from another doc and I believe it used to be from Hertz, and they did their best not to tell me the history behind the car. The log book is showing " auto assured (workshop)" but the process they told me there was no bodywork, so I am just slightly confused and just need some opinions from the most experienced guys over here. The car looks ok, no noises, 8k miles and looks in good shape.

Many rhanks 

Vini

Screenshot_20200809-103845_Chrome.jpg

The V5C information is subject to data protection so legally the dealer cannot disclose who the previous owner was. Same applies to service history - dealers now don't want documentation to support service history, etc for part exchanges due to data protection. All they want is a stamped service book.

Due to GDPR (circa 2016) previous owners are no longer put on the V5

Your service info shows where it was last serviced at.  Auto Assured (workshop) what are a fleet management service - not sure how you come to the conclusion of it having body work done

http://www.assuredgroup.org/

• Kwik Fit
  • Bri-Stor
  • Enterprise Rent A Car
  • Europcar
  • GEFCO
  • Direct Accident Management

Thanks for your answers, appreciated.

To be quite honest I am not so concerned who the previous owner was because I am buying from Toyota with warranties etc.

I think my concern was around any body work because I couldn't get an answer and upon registering the car on Toyota's website that the only thing logged, but I guess you are saying it was just serviced there (auto assured group).

Cheers

Vini

13 minutes ago, Abo said:

Thanks for your answers, appreciated.

To be quite honest I am not so concerned who the previous owner was because I am buying from Toyota with warranties etc.

I think my concern was around any body work because I couldn't get an answer and upon registering the car on Toyota's website that the only thing logged, but I guess you are saying it was just serviced there (auto assured group).

Cheers

Vini

To add to flash22's post, on the assuredgroup website there is also the following testimonial:

Hertz have worked in partnership with Assured Group for well over 10 years. During the time, the management team at Assured Valeting have always delivered a high quality of vehicle preparation to all of the Hertz locations they have operated. They operate at both our Airport and Downtown locations and ensure a high level of service delivery to Hertz staff and to our end customers. Assured are always quick to react to ad-hoc requests for additional services and can always accommodate short notice requirements for "out of the box" requests! We look forward to developing the partnership further over the coming years.

Which is consistent with your thinking that the car might have been previously owned by Hertz - and buying a car previously owned by a car rental company is no bad thing.

What may be more interesting / important is it's service record ... When was it first registered? When is/was its first service due? And is the service book appropriately stamped?

All questions entirely rhetorical ... 🙂

As the service history you are looking at came from Toyota's database it cannot be from a third party ( non Toyota ) as Toyota do not collate such information they would only show genuine Toyota dealer history.

Auto assured is Toyota parlance for the check Toyota require dealers to complete in order to call a car and Approved used Toyota.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links