Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Newbie to forums

Jorvik_Andi

I've just bought a replacement car for my old Rover that died, I've nicknamed my replacement car a 56 plate Toyota Aygo, "Poppy" as it's bright red and I know that it's a "she" because she won't go anywhere without a little rattle. I filled up with fuel yesterday and have so far driven 50 miles and the fuel gauge still reads full, how far do you have to drive before the fuel gauge moves?

I'm Medically retired and live in god's own county Yorkshire.

Andi

• Like 1

Hello Andi - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

The fuel gauge, in common with some other Toyota models, operates in a non-linear way. The blocks on the gauge extinguish faster the more the tank empties. You soon get used to it.

10 minutes ago, tooSavvy said:

Hiyya m8 😉

2sav

Thanks for the warm welcome John.

Welcome Andi....and as Mike says, you'll get used to the gauge..when I first had my Gen 7 Celica I used to think the gauge had got stuck,..lol

9 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Hello Andi - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

The fuel gauge, in common with some other Toyota models, operates in a non-linear way. The blocks on the gauge extinguish faster the more the tank empties. You soon get used to it.

Hi Mike I'm trying to get used to the fuel gauge, when I bought car it had 4 blocks showing on the gauge, I drove car for 10 days before it finally dropped to 3 blocks (Half tank), at the moment I have only done city driving but can see that "Poppy" is not a fuel drinking car. 🙂

3 minutes ago, RUToyota said:

Welcome Andi....and as Mike says, you'll get used to the gauge..when I first had my Gen 7 Celica I used to think the gauge had got stuck,..lol

Hi Neil I had similar thoughts, thought it had got stuck. LOL 🙂

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links