Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Leaking?!

starletsr

Hi there, iam really annoyed with my back washer jet, it keeps leaking out water when i go over bumpy roads, i went into toyota and bought a new washer jet head and it did the same thing!! Wasted me £6! :crybaby:

But i was thinking maybe it's because of my springs?! I have lowered my car by 40mm and they are a much harder ride than the TTE ones, so i was wondering if anyone else had problems with this when they lowered their starlet??

Or anyone know how to solve it?? :help:

Thanks

Shelly

That's what the guy said in toyota, but how do i check that??

Cos i thought everytime you use the washer, it pumps the water from the front storer all the way through the side of the car then to the top of the window....... so i thought there would be a wait until the water is pumping out, but with mine it is pumping out as soon as you twist the button.... am i making sense??

well im hopin to lower my starlet at the end of this month so ill let u no! lol,u get the ones frm fensport? (as there the only ones i no u can get easily:s) they gud? does it look nice? an tbh if it keep causin trouble id jus seal over it cos it aint sumink u wud mis tooooo muh is it? but any info on ya springs id like tar:d

Btw did u tel ur insurance about ur springs ?? if so wot difference does it make? an do ya have to tell em,same wiv a back box (thinking of the Savage twin outlet)

annnd another idea try sittin ur car over nite see if it leaks,then try drivin for 30mins,then try shaking ya car for awhile se if tht makes it leaks,then shud at least giv u more of a clue

Nah i didnt tell my insurance any mods i did, so i dunno how much extra it costs.

I got Gmax springs in my car and yes i did get out the car and start shaking the car up and down at the back, but nothing came out, it only leaks when i go over something deep in the ground, just really annoyed if you washed ur car and then you get a nice water line down the back of ur car :angry:

i think the seal at the pump end might be letting air in.

the reason i say that is because using my extensive (read small!) knowledge of fluid mechanics (oh crikey it was dull!), its almost impossible for the water to pop out over a bump because the outside air pressure will keep the water in, only way it will leak is if air gets into the pipe.

as i did a crap job of explaining this in car terms i'll go onto mcdonalods straws. if you suck a load of drink up and then stick your finger over the mouth end of the straw and lift the straw clear of the drink. there will still be fluid in the straw. if you let your finger go from the top of the straw, the drink will fall out.

if there are no kinks in the hose (you'll have to take your roof lining down to check) then check the seals

hope this helps mate.

have a nice day

sv

i got this prob too..

always happens when i wash car little trickles will smear up the back window spoiling my job!!!!

craig :thumbsup:

Wow is this only when u go over deep things in the ground? Do you know what we can do to fix the job?? seal it up with tape?? lol.

no idea!!!

not really it does it all time when i use rear wiper/washer,think its just a common fault!

a bit like THE RATTLE!!!!!!!! :ffs:

craig :thumbsup:

wot ratlle? an am i gunna av this wen i lower my car? cos iw as gunna do it this month,wot springs u guys say i shud go for?

I guess all springs work the same, it's just all about the name really, it is really up to you to decide, cos everyone will have their own opinions on different ones. :D good luck.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links