Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dead T180

Roadwrangler

Hi All,

Hoping someone might have some ideas, my car has actually been off the road for about 2 years now, waiting for me to fix another issue, however I was regularly starting it and letting it warm up, but while stood the alarm and immobiliser pull the Battery down quite quickly, so its ended up flat a couple if times, also I ended up hooking a couple of solar panels up to it, which helps but even with a 10-12w contribution from them it still pulls the Battery down.

In the past, once a charged Battery was back on, its always started, usually it displays something on the head unit along the lines of "re-loading software" then starts ok.  This time its dead or at least ignition dead, 'Smart Entry' works, alarm and immobiliser all work, but absolutely nothing ignition wise, no dash or ignition lights (other than door open) nothing on the start button with or without the clutch pressed.  Battery is good once charged, I've checked every fuse I can find (inc those behind the glove box) for continuity, all are ok.  I've rattled and tapped every relay in case any are sticking but nothing.  Obviously while its ignition dead, there is limited access through the diagnostic port, a mechanic mate tried his proper scan tool and the only thing that was accessible was the smart entry system, but doors and alarm still respond to the keyfob.  

Anyone got any ideas? Anyone got a circuit diagram for the ignition system?  Is there a control module for the start button? Is there a secret reset process?  Any help appreciated..

Regards Austin.. 

Fresh Battery in the fob? When my fob Battery died Toyota guidance was to hold it close to the start button when pressing the latter. 
Otherwise sounds like an immobiliser issue. 

1 hour ago, Dippy said:

Fresh battery in the fob? When my fob battery died Toyota guidance was to hold it close to the start button when pressing the latter. 
Otherwise sounds like an immobiliser issue. 

Fob Battery fairly new, smart entry working ok and fob will silence the alarm after re-fitting the Battery.  Like I said the start button is not illuminating red or green, no ignition lights on dash. Everything that is Ignition Live (like radio head unit) is Dead.  Immobilser light happily flashing away,alarm working ok.  Its like the ignition side is not getting any power. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links