Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Head Lights

netopaulo

Hello,

I have got a 2006/11, Avensis SW D4D. I dont like the xenon lights and i would like to convert the to halogen, has anyone done this? I know i will have to replace the headlights and to reprogram car chip, but i think they are cheaper than the xenon ones and less prone to troubles. In case this is hard to be done, how easy is to replace the balasts that come from factory attached to the headlights (facelift headlights), the headlights toyota sell include the balasts , coast 1500 pounds (both), its a complete robbery in my opinion, i heard its possible to replace only the balasts, can i use other balasts brands other than Denso original ones?

Bes regards,

I am surprised that your 06 has xenon HID headlights as my 08 TR has Halogen bulbs. My headlights are very poor and are the only reason I will trade up to a newer Avensis with HID or LED headlights. I also like the sound of cornering foglights for picking out road edges on minor roads. Please report back how you get on with this conversion.

TYC sell aftermarket replacement halogen headlights for the 2006-2008 Avensis. They cost about £60 each in the UK.

Check you buy RHD or LHD units according to your country.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links