Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2009 KDJ150 - Front Camera has condensation inside

bo54col

Hello all,

Im fastidious and this issue will drive me mad.

The front grill camera of my 2009 LC5 has condensation, on the inner lens. Ive taken it off the front grill, taken it apart as far as getting the electronics off, but for the hell of me, I can't separate the outer plastic skin from the inner workings to get into the inner lens.

Pics below shows what I mean.

The camera works, but you cant make anything out on screen because of the condensation.

Has anyone ever been successful taking one apart, or am I going to be the first to Shell of £400+ for a new camera ?! 

Im currently sat with a hair dryer blowing on it sat on a desk. 

Front camera 1.jpg

Front camera 2.jpg

Back of camera 1.jpg

Back of camera 2.jpg

• 3 years later...

I know this post was from a while ago but I've also got condensation in the lens of the front camera on a 2013 150 Land cruiser. What did you end up doing?

Hi Colin,I think they are sealed units and you can't take them apart. A few previous posts have noted that this is a common problem with a few models. Suggestions are as you are already doing hair dryer or leaving the camera to come to a warmer temperature.

Read a while ago talk of a heating element to stop this problem but I think this is on newer models, also a mention on calibration needed but again depends on model and age. Not the cheapest thing to buy if needing replacing.🙂

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links