Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Operation of Child locks. 2017 1.8 Avensis estate

estate

Hi, 

I had 2 previous problems with the drivers door manual opening, in that when you pulled the drivers door lever it wouldn't open the door but was fine when opened electrically by pushing the door toggle switch to open. The fault was cured by replacing the drivers door lock mechanism (twice), however I'm now unsure if the child door lock is permanently engaged and would appreciate some guidance. 

I have the vehicle set for autolock on the doors above, about 12MPH, but I don't have the mechanical child lock on the rear doors set to lock, but the only way someone can exit the rear doors, when I park up, is if I toggle to open on the drivers door, is this functioning properly or do I have another problem with the door locks?

I can remember how they used to operate before the front door lock mechanisms were replaced and would appreciate someone checking thier vehicle for me or if they know of the top of their head.

Thank you. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links