Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2019 Rav4 Alarm

Rob88

For the past few months, my 2019 Excel alarm has been randomly going off on an evening or during the night. 

it happened the first time during the night and my 12v Battery was 100% flat so the alarm went off but indicators didn’t. (Car has been stood 3 days and had done 200mile round trip before that so dead Battery was a surprise too) It has now happened almost twice a week for the past 2-3 months, but the Battery is fine now. I just unlock it then lock it and it’s good for another few days. 

Anyone had similar issues or ideas?  Nothing inside is moving, unless there’s a massive spider living somewhere....

Funny you should say that, my Alarm has gone off twice this week for no apparent reason. I'm wondering if I have a fly in the car, as last weekend the boot was left open for about 5 hours so the dog could come and go as she pleased whislt at families house.
Its been driven this week and never had this isseu before.

It's happened to me too now and again, on my current RAV4 and previous Prius models.  A surprisingly small insect can set the alarm off, and they have a habit of hiding so you think they've gone, only to reappear.  Just recently a very small fly would flit around while I was driving, disappear while I was parked with the windows open, only to show up again next time I was driving.

I use the button near the interior light to disable the ultrasonic part of the alarm at night and other times it will be annoying for the alarm to go off.  I only stop once I've seen (or helped) the culprit leave the car, or after several days of it not going off during the day.

I often sit by the beach, chilling and listening to the waves, with my seat reclined and the windows open, and flying insects often leave during this time, although I won't always see them go (especially if I've nodded off!).

The intrusion sensor can go faulty (fits by the interior light) Take it to your dealer who can check out the timeline of events (stored in the ECU) and can see if it is faulty 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links