Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Slave/release cylinder stuck on

killey

Hi guys could do with a little help or advice please. I've managed to undo the nuts holding the clutch slave cylinder and the hydraulic union but it won't budge, seems totally seized on. Does the clutch release fork need levering back or anything to take the pressure off the push rod or can I safely start hitting it with a hammer to break it free. Seems alot of other models had bolts holding the slave on, unlike mine which is on studs, which would make removal easier.

Don't use brute force. Try using some clamp, to release the pressure and get the cylinder free. If your slave cylinder still operates correctly (somewhat), you can have someone push on the pedal, while you put down a C clamp or something like that.

Thanks, a safe suggestion and will try as soon as my master cylinder arrives and I can fit it. Only negative I suppose is that I'll have to bleed the system once to push the fork before clamping and again after fitting the new slave.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links