Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Throttle re-Learn procedure

matthewws

Hi All, 
Could you tell me Please how i can force throttle re-learn procedure using tech stream.I do have a problem with łów rpms I have cleaned the throttle and nów would like to adapt it

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

If the Battery has been changed recently, the ECU may forget it's idle settings. I had this problem after replace the Battery recently. It idled so low that it even stalled. I used a procedure to relearn the idle, once the engine had warmed up. 
The procedure is - warm engine and everything off (heater fan, lights, radio etc.) Press and hold brake pedal, then turn key to IGN - don't start! Wait a few secondsthen turn off. Still pressing the brake pedal and start the engine, letting it idle for 3 to 5 minutes, still pressing the brake pedal. The engine will learn the idle much faster. 

Give it a try, as I used it also reduce the high idle speed too! 

I checked your other post and you have the same 1.8 2ZR-FAE that's in my car. I have Techstream, but used the technique above. 

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 9/7/2020 at 7:12 PM, Konrad C said:

If the battery has been changed recently, the ECU may forget it's idle settings. I had this problem after replace the battery recently. It idled so low that it even stalled. I used a procedure to relearn the idle, once the engine had warmed up. 
The procedure is - warm engine and everything off (heater fan, lights, radio etc.) Press and hold brake pedal, then turn key to IGN - don't start! Wait a few secondsthen turn off. Still pressing the brake pedal and start the engine, letting it idle for 3 to 5 minutes, still pressing the brake pedal. The engine will learn the idle much faster. 

I checked your other post and you have the same 1.8 2ZR-FAE that's in my car. I have Techstream, but used the technique above. 

i will try this do you think this will work on a 2.0 d4d Konrad.thanks so much 

8 hours ago, 2009joe said:

i will try this do you think this will work on a 2.0 d4d Konrad.thanks so much 

I know it works on petrol Avensis, but not sure if the diesel has the same issue and cure. You can confirm this 2009joe.

• Like 1

This my procedure that works on almost all petrol engines with electronic throttle body: 

1. Turn ignition ON 

2. Switch OFF all electrical consumers, heating, radio, auto lights everything 

3. Turn OFF ignition and wait 5 seconds 

4. Start the engine and let it run for 15 min without switching ON anything or pressing any pedals or turning steering wheel

5. Turn OFF the engine and then you can start again and drive as usual. If anything remains like rough idle or rise of rpm while turning just ignore for the first 4-5 start of the engine and most likely will settle by itself after that. 👍

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Konrad C said:

I know it works on petrol Avensis, but not sure if the diesel has the same issue and cure. You can confirm this 2009joe.

thanks so much il try and let you guys know thanks again 

• 8 months later...
On 9/7/2020 at 8:12 PM, Konrad C said:

If the Battery has been changed recently, the ECU may forget it's idle settings. I had this problem after replace the Battery recently. It idled so low that it even stalled. I used a procedure to relearn the idle, once the engine had warmed up. 

Konrad C,

Thank you for your explanation! After three days running with the car (Toyota Corolla 2009 - 2ZR-FE - Manual Transmission) and searching on internet for some valid solution without success.

I follow your indications, for 4 times (the engine falling) repeating the process, in less than 5 min the car get the correct idle. Tomorrow I will go happy and calm to my job!

Thank you!!! 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links