Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Need keyfob to 2010 Prius

2004Previa_Nor

I bought a 2010 Prius yesterday with just one key. Where can I buy a new one? And, how do I get the right code for it, and how do I get a key that's inside the fob that is the same as mine? Living in Norway, but I guess internet is the place to get it...

20200911_144219(1).jpg

Edited by 2004Previa_Nor
Typo

1 hour ago, 2004Previa_Nor said:

Jeg købte en 2010 Prius i går med kun en nøgle. Hvor kan jeg købe en ny? Og hvordan får jeg den rigtige kode til det, og hvordan får jeg en nøgle, der er inde i fob, der er den samme som min? At bo i Norge, men jeg antager, at internettet er stedet at få det ...

20200911_144219 (1) .jpg

Mabye it will work. 

But this is 04-09 and not the same buttons as mine...? There's no place to insert a key in 2010...

4 minutes ago, 2004Previa_Nor said:

But this is 04-09 and not the same buttons as mine...? There's no place to insert a key in 2010...

Try checking out this video.
I do not know if you can do all this yourself. A normal mechanic can probably do this too.

But her is a link to key fob
https://www.directnine.dk/products/keylessoption-keyless-entry-remote-smart-key-for-toyota-prius-key-fob-cover-case-shell-replacement-20042009?gclid=Cj0KCQjwwOz6BRCgARIsAKEG4FVDlB96u4GuMfWF5S741cv04A8Y6romYHv-jVEKVP4iucRfruJ983QaAiDWEALw_wcB

7 minutes ago, 2004Previa_Nor said:

Still not the same 

https://www.directnine.dk/products/prius-2010-toyota-prox-remote-no-solar-panel-factory-original-new?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqYLQw-rh6wIVDQB7Ch0t_AL2EAkYBCABEgJkEvD_BwE

this one looks expensive, i think those at toyota are cheaper

No way.

Show a foto of it.

1 minute ago, 2004Previa_Nor said:

Still not the same...

1 minute ago, 2004Previa_Nor said:

It's in my first post!

It is the one i posted before. 🤔

6 minutes ago, Ikram Shahar said:

It is the one i posted before. 🤔

No, it's not.

5 minutes ago, 2004Previa_Nor said:

Can't you see the difference???

20200911_144219(1).jpg

Ohhhh sorry. I think you have order from toyota dealership. I dont know i will do some reseach.

The ones shown in Ikram Shahar's post are American (and Gen 2) by the looks and will not necessarily work in Europe.  The best idea is to purchase directly from a Toyota dealer, seeing if you can purchase from an online Toyota Dealer and find the best price.  You may need to have the dealer or an automotive locksmith add the key to your car.  If you knew then what you know now you should have insisted the seller supply the second fob or given you a €500 - €600 discount on the sale price.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links