Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Can you push it ?

scar

I have the latest model hybrid Yaris. When its in the garage I would like to move it a few inches so I can move around my garage more freely. Is it possible to push to the car ?

I reckon not but it would be real handy if I could.

Thanks, Steve.

Yes you can, however the ignition needs to be on and transmission in N 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Devon Aygo said:

Yes you can, however the ignition needs to be on and transmission in N 

Excellent, thanks for the info.

When you drive into your garage, set the handbrake, select N, and then switch off.

That way, when you need to push the car, all you need to do is release the handbrake.

I think that'll work, but I could be wrong!

Mick.

On 9/28/2020 at 6:41 AM, Mick F said:

When you drive into your garage, set the handbrake, select N, and then switch off.

That way, when you need to push the car, all you need to do is release the handbrake.

I think that'll work, but I could be wrong!

Mick.

Most autos will not allow key to be removed unless gearlever is in P...

I can quite remember but aren't the hybrids keyless push button start. iirc it still has a shift interlock so you can't turn it off, and a manual interlock override for emergency

The OP ......Scar ............. says he has the latest model hybrid.  Therefore a keyless start.

I experimented today with our 2014 Yaris Hybrid to test out what I already suspected.

I can assure all my readers, that you can come to a halt in D, and set the handbrake, and shift to N, then press the button to switch off.

You can then drop the handbrake and the car is free to move easily.

Mick.

On 9/27/2020 at 3:02 PM, scar said:

I have the latest model hybrid Yaris. When its in the garage I would like to move it a few inches so I can move around my garage more freely. Is it possible to push to the car ?

I reckon not but it would be real handy if I could.

Thanks, Steve.

See?

Yes, you can do as I suggest.

Mick.

Just to clarify, I did exactly as Devon Aygo suggested and yes you can push it. What I did find amusing the audible sound produced by the car to warn pedestrians operates when you push it. 

Have say my wife is delighted with the car. Its turning out to be our go to car. She used to use our daughters Aygo most of the time and genuinely loved the car. The Yaris hybrid has proved to be a good choice. 

• Like 2

Excellent!

What I have suggested, is better than what Devon Aygo said.  If you drive into your garage, set the handbrake, and then shift to N, you can switch off and leave the car.

If, some time later, you want to move the car, you don't need the keys.  Just open the door and drop the handbrake.

However, if you habitually lock your car even when in a garage, you'd need the keys anyway.  Trouble is though, starting the car could very well start the engine, which isn't good for it if all you do is switch on and then off a minute later.

Mick.

3 hours ago, Mick F said:

Excellent!

What I have suggested, is better than what Devon Aygo said.  If you drive into your garage, set the handbrake, and then shift to N, you can switch off and leave the car.

If, some time later, you want to move the car, you don't need the keys.  Just open the door and drop the handbrake.

However, if you habitually lock your car even when in a garage, you'd need the keys anyway.  Trouble is though, starting the car could very well start the engine, which isn't good for it if all you do is switch on and then off a minute later.

Mick.

Going to give that a try next time it goes into my garage. My car usually stays in the garage as Maureen likes hers on the drive ready to go.

Ive just posted in the RAV section about leaving the RAV in the garage and parking up without the parking brake being set. I will give your method a go tomorrow, might just work.

Thanks

• Like 1

Just looking at your picture of your member photo.

This is me from 1957 in Wigan.

Mick.

Mesnes Park Summer 1957.jpeg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links