Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Replace Engine

24xfps

Hi All

The infamous oil consumption issue with my 2007 Rav has finally taken its toll and I am in search of engine replacement options. I was going to order a JDM motor, but have been told it may or may not have the same oil consumption issues. So I started looking into getting a remanufactured long block, but most shops are very proud of their work and price them a little over $4,000. (I live in the US)

Then I read somewhere if I got a 2010 JDM engine it would be cheaper and ensure the oil consumption issues would be non existent. But I am unable to confirm if a 2010 Rav4 engine is backwards compatible with a 2007 model. (I have the 2.4L 4 cylinder sport AWD)

So I thought I would try out the Rav4 club and see if anyone has some reliable information or advice as to which direction to go getting my engine replaced. 

Thank you all for your time

- Donnie

In Europe we have the 4cyl 2.2, we don't get the 2.4 in the Rav4. 

And are you talking diesel or petrol?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links