Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Electrical issues

CoachSHS

HI, I'm new and fairly certain this will have been covered before.  I bought a Yaris 2004 for my son for when he passes his test.  The radio has stopped working and I've bought a replacement.  The wire plugs obviously don't match up so... are there adaptor leads I can buy? Do I need joiners to join current wires to wires that came with stereo? Whats the best option please?  First 3 pics are of current stereo and last 2 pics are of new stereo  Thank you so much!

20201004_143858.jpg

20201004_143658.jpg

20201004_143707.jpg

20201004_152641.jpg

20201004_152631.jpg

Been looking at that but confused as the original has 3 plugs, this one is 2:2...

27 minutes ago, CoachSHS said:

Been looking at that but confused as the original has 3 plugs, this one is 2:2...

I think the 3rd connector that has only 2 wires in it, is a data out (TX+/TX-) connector from the radio to the car computer. 

Edit. Have a look at this page for pinout (most likely Toyota 18302 model) :

https://www.thenomagazin.com/Auto-radio-car-connector/TOYOTA-Car-Radio-Wiring-Connector.htm

• Like 1

Thanks. I found that and it super confused me, I thought maybe the toyota 58404 as it showed a 9pin and 4 pin... I'll try the eBay thing... only £3. Fingers crossed...  if it doesn't work can I connect them using connector blocks? Would that work?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CoachSHS said:

Thanks. I found that and it super confused me, I thought maybe the toyota 58404 as it showed a 9pin and 4 pin... I'll try the ebay thing... only £3. Fingers crossed...  if it doesn't work can I connect them using connector blocks? Would that work?

To me it doesn't look like 58404. Good luck with the connector adaptor. To be honest I would be surprised if it does not work with that adaptor.

You should be able to remove individual pins from the adaptor block and rearrange them; or use the provided block with the new unit and wire it manually but personally I would only do this as the last resort..

• Like 1

Found this... The guy definitely ignores the 3rd connection (@2:35) and use the adaptor on the first two blocks to install the new radio...

All you need is the standard iso lead you don't need the 3rd plug, i assume you have checked the fuses

The Toyota power and Speakers plugs have been a standard from 1987 right up to today (aka 10+6)

I have the lead and it works... sort of... the volume is blaring and won't turn down.   I'm going to make the assumption it is a faulty stereo rather than something I've done?

54 minutes ago, CoachSHS said:

I have the lead and it works... sort of... the volume is blaring and won't turn down.   I'm going to make the assumption it is a faulty stereo rather than something I've done?

Great. No, you couldn't have done anything to damage the stereo. I searched a little bit on the internet and spotted other people complaining about the same problem as yours on Amazon reviews of this stereo. You could possibly put an inline attenuator to reduce the volume if you wish, but to be honest I am not sure if it will solve your problem. There are many different attenuators like this one :

https://www.justcarkits.co.uk/jck_blog/product/ctamppassthrough-iso-active-system-attenuator/

OK thank you so much, have contacted the company of the stereo... 🤞🏻!  You've been a star! 

• Like 1

You get what you pay for tbh, Chinese junk is a crap shoot

You can get a Pioneer, Kenwood or JVC Starting around £55

You can pick up a used alpine for similar money

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links