Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Retrofitting Welcab Seat

David Price

It is possible/doable to retrofit a Welcab disability seat to a Toyota Alphard. A local dealer who converts Alphards to campers, has several of these seats but advises that retrofit is not possible. Any help/advice greately appreciated. Thanks.

• 9 months later...

On 10/6/2020 at 8:15 PM, David Price said:

It is possible/doable to retrofit a Welcab disability seat to a Toyota Alphard. A local dealer who converts Alphards to campers, has several of these seats but advises that retrofit is not possible. Any help/advice greately appreciated. Thanks.

Hi David ,  have you had any luck with your question ?   I am in a similar position , considering one of those seats to adapt to a vehicle because both my parents are in their late 80s and with mobility problems .  Would you be able to give me the contact details of the Dealer/Converter that you mentioned ?  You can contact me at  Edson_meneghetti@hotmail.co.uk .   Many Thanks . Ed

• 1 month later...

I'm just about to take out a welcab seat from my 2004 Alphard, which is immaculate and in full working order with remote. It's cream fabric. Only changing as it doesn't recline fully backwards to make a suitable bed with the other seats. I'm told I can fit a standard second row seat to replace it by an Alphard converter, so if that can be done it makes me think you can retrofit, but not 100% sure. If you're still interested I'd be happy swapping this and the other seat in the second row for a non welcab second row. Thanks

• Like 1

Mark, hello and welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

if you click on Edison’s avatar you will see he has not visited the forum since August 3rd, likewise, David, the original poster has not visited since October 8th 2020.  So, sometimes you can be waiting for a reply which likely is not going to come. Just letting you know so you don’t get disappointed/frustrated.

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...
On 9/19/2021 at 10:46 PM, Gibbelaar said:

I'm just about to take out a welcab seat from my 2004 Alphard, which is immaculate and in full working order with remote. It's cream fabric. Only changing as it doesn't recline fully backwards to make a suitable bed with the other seats. I'm told I can fit a standard second row seat to replace it by an Alphard converter, so if that can be done it makes me think you can retrofit, but not 100% sure. If you're still interested I'd be happy swapping this and the other seat in the second row for a non welcab second row. Thanks

Hi do you still have the welcab seat?

On 9/19/2021 at 10:46 PM, Gibbelaar said:

Hi do you still have the welcab seat? I am hoping it would fit in a estima 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links