Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Love the car, but one key with remote

Frogeyepete

Had a Smart Roadster, interesting little car but the boss hated the driving position (too low), tried a couple of MX5´s but again she hated the very low driving position. The MX5 was my dream car down the pan. Still let´s get real, the Aygo looks quite good, and best of all fits in the garage next to my El.grand E51 (8 seater MPV). The only thing that really got to me was the way Toyota treat Aygo owners by only giving one key with remote. All the other models come with two, but for some reason Toyota have decided to shaft the Aygo purchasers by only giving one. Of course you can buy a second for 250 pounds, but there is no warning about this before you purchase the car. They add it in as an after thought.  I wondered if Honda pull the same scam with their smaller models, but apparently they don't.

It is not only Toyota UK, but they have the same policy in Spain. It amazes me that a company that produces such good cars can treat their purchasers in this way.

I like the Aygo as a car its just the company that I have now got a low opinion of. I appreciate that all in all, its a very trivial thing, but its amazing how such things can get right up your nose.

Hoping to have good experiences and a good time with this little beauty, despite the !Removed! start from Toyota.

Welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Then again Honda don't currently have an equivalent to the Aygo in their UK range - the Jazz competes with the Yaris, a sector above the Aygo - aside from the Honda e which costs £27K

Back in 2016 the second remote for our Aygo cost £108 with discount - normal cost around £150.

This seems to be rather common. I had a Citroen C3 Pluriel (which definitely cost more than an Aygo), and only one key was with remote control. A second remote key would have cost me 250 Euros. Now I have a Yaris Hybrid with keyless entry, It has two remote controllers as a standard - but fully loaded it costs about twice as much as a standard Aygo. 

Best regards from Bavaria

Sampleman 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links