Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Touch 2 system - bluetooth problem

scotspete

Note: I have contacted Toyota Communications Technical Services who have said I should contact a dealer

Can anyone help me with this bluetooth problem?

I have just purchased this vehicle. I am having problems connecting my Huawei P20 Pro phone to the cars bluetooth system. I have carefully read the instructions in the navigation and multimedia system owners manual provided with the car.
When i get to the screen that says do you wish to connect a phone and say YES. The bluetooth screen appears as per the manual, but the tick box Will Not Come ON. Consequently all of the Bluetooth functions are greyed out and wiil not function. 
No search>No Make system discoverable>No Paired devices>NoChange warnings
>No Set system PIN.
Additionally: Going through the mode functions Bluetooth gives me this meesage: 'This function is not supported by our Bluetooth music Source.'
I am aware that the ignition has to be in ACC or car running position for Bluetooth to function. I have seen the message 'Waiting for Bluetooth' appear in both thes positions.
For info: System software Ver: 010120 Navigation software Ver: 4.2.2 L Map ID 2014 V1
Device ID 13TXDAEU-DA2

Regards Peter Morrison

Note: I have contacted Toyota Communications Technical Services who have said I should contact a dealer

5 hours ago, scotspete said:

Can anyone help me with this BLUETOOTH problem?

I have just purchased this vehicle. I am having problems connecting my Huawei P20 Pro phone to the cars Bluetooth system. I have carefully read the instructions in the navigation and multimedia system owners manual provided with the car.
When i get to the screen that says do you wish to connect a phone and say YES. The Bluetooth screen appears as per the manual, but the tick box Will Not Come ON. Consequently all of the Bluetooth functions are greyed out and wiil not function. 
No search>No Make system discoverable>No Paired devices>NoChange warnings
>No Set system PIN.
Additionally: Going through the mode functions Bluetooth gives me this meesage: 'This function is not supported by our Bluetooth Music Source.'
I am aware that the ignition has to be in ACC or car running position for Bluetooth to function. I have seen the message 'Waiting for Bluetooth' appear in both thes positions.
For info: System software Ver: 010120 Navigation software Ver: 4.2.2 L Map ID 2014 V1
Device ID 13TXDAEU-DA2

Regards Peter Morrison

There are two bluetooth modules, one in the head unit ( Display screen incl radio/cd ) & another in the navigation module ( bolted to bottom of head unit SEE) as you have navigation fitted the navigation module will be handling bluetooth and it appears to be faulting.

First step would be to disconnect the navigation module, disconnect the Battery to reset the head unit,

• If the bluetooth does not work the head unit is faulty
  • If he Bluetooth now functions re -connect the nav, disconnect 12v Battery and try Bluetooth again if it does not function then the navigation is faulty.

Both units have separate software updates;

The navigation module updates are tied with map updates and yours is a very long way behind the latest version being 6.16.0, To update these you can either purchase the update via MyToyota or through your dealer, here is a list of fixes since your version:

Additional phenomena reported since software release version 6.7.0, 6.8.0, 6.8.1, 6.8.2, 6.9.0, 6.10.0, 6.11.0 and solved in 6.12.0 L/H.

• Improved voice instruction in Czech language by improved grammar and vocabulary.

• When a phone call is made using the phone controls instead of the steering wheel controls or the soft keys on the display the navigation screen blacks out when the front camera switches on.

• Units installed with 6.11.0 L/H from factory will not set the First Use Date (FUD). For more details see TSB BE-0064T-TME

Additional phenomena reported since software release version 6.7.0, 6.8.0, 6.8.1, 6.8.2, 6.9.0, 6.10.0 and solved in 6.11.0 L/H.

• In software release 6.10.0 the country information screen pops up after ignition on without crossing a border.

• Correction for spelling mistake in Danish (parkering was written as parkring).

• USB with music files is not recognized and no playback is possible.

• BT function is sometimes not working after ignition on. Next ignition cycle BT is working again.

Additional phenomena reported since software release version 6.7.0, 6.8.0, 6.8.1, 6.8.2, 6.9.0 and solved in 6.10.0 L/H.

• No audible warning beep anymore when approaching a speed camera

• The country information screen pops up even when driving in the country without passing a border.

• Czech language voice guidance improvements.

• Reset during updating the map database.

• After inputting a destination (> 150 Km), the system freezes (only in 6.9.0).

• At low speeds (front camera is on) and while using hands free, the display blacks out.

Additional phenomena reported since software release version 4.5.0, 6.6.0, 6.7.0, 6.8.0, 6.8.1 and solved in 6.9.0H.

• In release 4.5.0, after pressing F, France is not listed in the country list and when pressing the map button, the system resets.

• Letters specific to the Polish alphabet are not or improper displayed when listening to DAB radio stations.

• Letters specific to the Icelandic alphabet can't be selected.

• Copy / update algorithm is improved to improve update stability.

• In release 6.7.0 the DAB radio text is briefly displayed, then disappears.

• In release 6.7.0 the DAB radio text of another station is displayed.

• In release 6.7.0 the screen blacks out after ignition on after previously a USB stick was inserted. This phenomenon is present on vehicles with F-ten display audio only (Hilux, C-HR, Yaris).

• In release 6.7.0 continuous beeps can be heard when approaching a speed camera.

• The last played music track is not retained when playing music using an I-pod.

Phenomena reported since software release version 6.6.0H, 6.7.0H, 6.8.0H, 6.8.1H and solved in 6.8.2H.

• Playback of music on USB media stops a few minutes after ignition on.

• Track up / down function is not working during music playback from a USB medium.

• Mirai only: Image of the rear view camera is displayed when shift lever is in drive ("D").

Note:

• The listed phenomena are only occurring on the high version of the navigation software.

• For "low" version, 6.8.1L remains the latest released software version.

Phenomena reported since software release version 6.7.0 and solved in 6.8.0

• New set of voice guidance instruction in the following languages: German and French

• Long city names can't be inputted because the text field to input city names is too small for the captioned city.

• In Finnish, Greek, Russian and Ukrainian it's impossible to add a phone n° to the favourites list.

• On Camry, Hilux, Yaris & CH-R the display may blackout with a USB media device inserted.

• Correction of postal code errors in the UK.

• Wrong road name (previous road name) displayed after an intersection.

• No USB media device is inserted in the USB slot but the media screen displays that the USB media is loading.

• Improved copy error algorithm to ensure data integrity during update to 6.8.0

• Correction of spelling mistakes against the Danish language.

Phenomena reported since software release version 4.5.0 and solved in 6.7.0

• In-operate data connection for weather, fuel and parking app in 6.6.0 only.

• Wrong ZIP codes (Hungary) in the map database

• Arrival time is one hour ahead of the expected time after switching to summer time (Russia only)

• Wrong colour for highway boards (Swiss)

• In the map setting menu "block road ahead" the menu field are partially translated in Czech.

• In UK, the search function for postal codes doesn't allow to input the full postal code for some postal codes.

• The audio source is changed from FM / AM to USB after ignition off / on cycle.

• The license key is requested to update a "High" version when the vehicle is still covered under the free map guarantee.

Phenomena reported since software release version 4.4.1 and solved in 4.5.0

• After switching to wintertime the arrival time is one hour ahead of the expected arrival time.

• Wrong pronunciation in Czech, Slovak, Hungarian and Romanian of the voice guidance command: "Please proceed to the highlighted route"

• The audio is playing (normal condition) but on the screen it is mentioned: "Audio off"

• Sending BT audio streaming commands to an I-phone via the steering wheel commands is not functional.

• Improved installation stability via official USB media to avoid map update failures.

Phenomena reported since software release version 4.3.0 / 4.3.1 and solved in 4.4.1

• In Danish the warning message for internet roaming is displaying a mix up of Danish and English words.

• Language specific characters for Danish language included.

• In Portuguese 800 meter is pronounced as 200 meters.

• Improvement of street name pronunciation in Switzerland.

• Impossible to register extension box on customer portal because of wrongly device ID.

• Display blacks out after ending phone call while shifting out of reverse.

• Bass – Treble – Mid amplifier settings reset to zero after ignition OFF / ON cycle.

• Visual reset of BT audio volume to zero after ignition OFF / ON cycle.

Phenomena reported since software release version 4.2.1 and solved in 4.3.0

Some customers may experience and report that after upgrading Touch2 with go software from version 3.3.0 to Touch2 with go version 4.2.1, the mobile phone can not longer be controlled from the touch screen in the vehicle.

Head unit updates on a Navigation equipped car are vis CD=ROM and again your unit is behind the latest update, there are no change logs for the head unit and updates would be via either www.toyota-tech.eu or via your dealer.

• Thanks 1

Split into new topic.

• 5 months later...

I have  the same issue with touch 2 (without go ).  When i go to bluetooth menu or press call on steering wheel  theres only " waiting for bluetooth  module" and thats it .  I cant do anything. I updated the software and still nothing .  Anyone knows how to make factory reset or anythung to make this work ?

• 2 months later...

I have a Touch 2 With Go on my 2016 Auris Excel hybrid hatchback. I had the same problem with bluetooth being on but not pairing properly with an iPhone 6S plus. 

I did a full factory reset on the cars head unit, and that sorted the bluetooth problem instantly. I’d been going round in circles up until that point. So frustrating. 

• 4 weeks later...

I had this issue on my 2014 Auris HSD with a Huawei P30 Pro. My previous Oneplus 6 worked fine and my next 2 phones (S10 and now Pixel 4a 5G) work totally fine. It may also be a Huawei thing. Phone calls worked but no bluetooth audio/music.

Can only suggest you try to pair another phone.

• 10 months later...
On 7/9/2021 at 1:51 AM, DaddyBaddy said:

I have a Touch 2 With Go on my 2016 Auris Excel hybrid hatchback. I had the same problem with bluetooth being on but not pairing properly with an iPhone 6S plus. 

I did a full factory reset on the cars head unit, and that sorted the bluetooth problem instantly. I’d been going round in circles up until that point. So frustrating. 

Hi

I’ve been having issues with my music-Bluetooth. Did you “just” delete personal data? Or is there a hard reset function I can’t find?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links