Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Camshafts 4E-FE engines

BALIKBAYAN

This topic might seem to be in the wrong forum, but it is not about the car itself. It is about the same kind of engine some Corollas have. I choose to post it in the Corolla forum because I guess there are more readers here than in the Starlet forum.

I started to change the timingbelt and waterpump on my sons 1997 Starlet (230 000 km on the clock). I lifted the head too because the hood had some misscolouring. I guess the engine has been overheated, but I have no clue when. When I checked the cylinder head it was slightly warped, but I have had the head away to fix it and they cut 0,45 mm, I asked for 0,5 though. Yes, I plan to get a few more Hp from that engine.

Last Sunday when it was time to reinstall the camshafts again. I noticed some damage to the camshafts. I did not see those marks before. I decided to buy an old secondhand engine for parts. I found an engine with low mileage (90 000 km) from a 1999 Corolla. I think it has a better intake and larger injectors too. The engine arrived today and when I was getting the camshafts off from that sparepart engine I noticed some minor dents to both  camshafts on that engine too.

Is that a common problem with the 4E-FE engines to get damage to thte camshafts? It is the first time I work with a 4E engine. I have mostly worked with 4A and 1 AZ engines before.

I hope I will get some pictures of the camshafts tomorrow.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links