Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

lift pump

johnibby

Does anyone know if the 05 reg yaris d4d has a lift pump, thanks john.

its an electric priming pump 12volt in the fuel sysem on some diesels on tha feed side of tank ON SOME CARS , i dont know about yaris as they dont print a workshop stripdown manual. 

No there is no lift pump in a Yaris D4d, fuel is pulled by the high pressure pump, there is however a primer built into the fuel filter housing, press the black plunger continually until it become to firm to press.

If the primer does not firm up, suspect a failed diaphragm in the primer. This can cause starting problems such as extended cranking or non start.

thanks lee , good bit of advice that,i will tell you whats happened but a long storysorry?  boughtt yaris 2 weeks ago great little runner BUT was filled to top full tank i was a bit suspicious but he said nothing wrong with sender. today after running about a lot gets to hospital at rotherham  and had to park on an incline downhill so fuel would roll to front of car yes, well it would NOT START fuel gauge only 2 down from top weird yes, but i had a fuel can in car with 5 quids worth in it  put it in and after 3 turns managed to start and got us home ok, now i have to start . delving to find problem. faulty sender or no fuel in tank or faulty pump or air leak , could be owt. john.

by the way lee it had been starting first time, everytime on the flat.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links