Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2020 Corolla Dead Battery

mark fs

Split into new topic and moved to the Corolla club.

When at home, are you leaving your keys within range of the car?

Any more info? When you say Battery you mean the normal Battery or the hybrid one?

The normal 12v perhaps, if people not using the car often or only for a short town trips once in a while then this is to be expected in any car and especially Toyota hybrids due to the small capacity and the time the car needs to charge the Battery. The car needs at least once a week 30-60 min driving or to be kept in Ready mode with all accessories Off to recharge its 12V Battery. This is also recommended by Toyota on their block website. 

Just now, TonyHSD said:

The normal 12v perhaps, if people not using the car often or only for a short town trips once in a while then this is to be expected in any car and especially Toyota hybrids due to the small capacity and the time the car needs to charge the battery. The car needs at least once a week 30-60 min driving or to be kept in Ready mode with all accessories Off to recharge its 12V battery. This is also recommended by Toyota on their block website. 

Another having the radio on when start button isn't used.  Fine to start the car and use radio as engine will fire up as needed and still use electric mode.

I'm also careful of taking things out of the boot in my Auris for long durations ie packing and leave the car as above. Or when parked with hazards on.

James.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Auris James said:

Another having the radio on when start button isn't used.  Fine to start the car and use radio as engine will fire up as needed and still use electric mode.

I'm also careful of taking things out of the boot in my Auris for long durations ie packing and leave the car as above. Or when parked with hazards on.

James.

Our cars has bms and if you leave a light in the boot or in the interior ON for a long time the car will turn them off itself, this is not to be worried. The driving style or lack of driving and charging is what kills the 12v Battery, I had sometimes experimented leave the car in ACC mode and leave my phone plugged in for charging then after an hour I get a message on the dash that the car will switch off itself to preserve the Battery power and switches off automatically. My recommendation to everyone same as Toyota just keep in ready mode as long as you can. 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links