Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Need help with my 09

Drewster2016

Hey everyone, 
I need some help with my 09 s with 180k miles. I’m having some issues with it. 
ever since I got it about 2 years ago when you started it it would crank, fire and die right away but you could then crank for a bit it would fire and run fine. I had a shop look at it and say it was the alt, I didn’t do anything with it until recently I replaced the alt, and since the alt killed the Battery I had to get a new Battery. Well it’s still doing the same thing. I changed the Battery last weekend. I just tried starting it and it just cranks and now it seems like the starter is stuck when cranking it? I’m not sure, I’m frustrated and not sure where to start. Anyone have any suggestions? I’m at my end with it

Which engine, and petrol, diesel or hybrid?

Just now, FROSTYBALLS said:

Which engine, and petrol, diesel or hybrid?

1.8l petrol

Hi,

So difficult to say as there are so many possible causes to your troubles.

While its easy to say and replace parts like the alternator and Battery, you really need test measurements to prove and show where the fault really is.

Have you taken, or has your shop supplied you with,  any basic test meter readings on your Battery, alternator and associate wiring ?

If you look on ytube there are lots of videos on how to use a low cost basic test multimeter to test out such wiring etc.

As for your starter problem, what exacty is happening, can you hear the start motor or relay clicking in or nothing at all when turning the key.

If DIY is beyond you then might be time to use another Shop or your local Toyota dealer ?

Are in the US ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links