Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

P0302 P0171, misfire on Cylinder2 and injectors on a Yaris 1.3 2002 plate

Crossy1882

Hi All, my Yaris 1.3 Petrol has an issue with Cylinder 2 with a misfire warning which brings on the engine warning light, it runs ok initially when in constant moving eg motorway and A roads but when in traffic the rev drop, loses power and the orange warning light comes on.

The car has just been serviced, new plugs etc after this initially happened, I have changed the coil pack for cylinder 2 and had all the cylinders pressure tested and all over 180 psi.

So what is causing this could it be the injector? Anyone else had this and is so what was the remedy?

Lee

Hi just had the car serviced and the engine warning light comes on flashing, the code P0302 and P0171 came up on the meter saying misfire cylinder 2, running lean.

What do you guys suggest? Change the injector and or the MAF to resolve the issue?

Anyone else had this issue in the past?

Lee

Did this happen before or after the work ? Diagnose the issue rather than throwing parts at it

• Like 1

Before the service and the plugs were changed, oils and filters etc, compression on all 4 cylinders all ok

Swap coils between 2 and 3 and see if the Misfire moves - If so you have a bad coil

missed saying that coil pack 2 has been also changed 😞

New plugs in all cylinders coil pack for cylinder 2 replaced so is iy now the injector or the MAF or both? Running out of eliminations

When did it throw the codes (at idle or when accelerating? Do you have the freeze frame data?

Does the car run like it has a misfire or does it run okay? 

How long haver you had the car?

Fine on the motorway and moving then when in traffic, idle it starts to lose rev's and power through the misfire and you see the mpg drop as well

What are the O2 sensors reading ?, I would still swap the coils

An intake/vac leak will cause a lean code - smoke test it or try the old carb cleaner trick

Hi All, I am trying to source some injector(s) for my 1.3 Petrol Yaris on an 02 plate, all my garages suppliers dont have any so does anyone have any ideas of where I can source them from? You assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I did an earlier post and now know it is the injector as moved No2 to No4 and it went from an error P0302 to a P0304

Thanks in advance

Lee

Is it Jap built (JT VIN) or French (VNK VIN) ??

Injectors usually come as a matched set of 4 - it's rare for an injector to go bad

edit. Blue injectors are french, Green are Jap

Any suggestions anyone on were to get some injectors for a French made Yaris?? As mentioned error P0302 initially,, checked compression on cylinders and seals, changed coil pack on No2 and then changed injector 2 with No4 and then P0304 came up as the error. So deduction says it is the injector. Is it best to change all 4 injectors at the same time and keep the other 3 as spares?

Injectors are £60-70 each (new - aftermarket) double that from a main stealer, so it's up to you

Toyota part No. 23209-09020

Fits

1SZFE 1.0 4 Pot

2SZFE 1.3

part No. is on the side of the injector body

Sorry for my terible english, but i am from Denmark!

my Yaris 1.0 2000 did the same thing, just with misfire on cylinder 4. 
It is something with too much power in the motor (I don't know how to explain it) 

But the solution is to replace te ignition coils in cylinder 2 - mine was all brown and gooey when i unplugged it) 

Have an OBD scanner in your car and some spare ignitions coils, i hacve had to change them 2 times in 2 years 🙂

I hope this helps!
Charlotte

7 minutes ago, CharlotteRP said:

Sorry for my terible english, but i am from Denmark!

my Yaris 1.0 2000 did the same thing, just with misfire on cylinder 4. 
It is something with too much power in the motor (I don't know how to explain it) 

But the solution is to replace te ignition coils in cylinder 2 - mine was all brown and gooey when i unplugged it) 

Have an OBD scanner in your car and some spare ignitions coils, i hacve had to change them 2 times in 2 years 🙂

I hope this helps!
Charlotte

i have just realised you have written that you have changed the coils, my bad

On 12/11/2020 at 3:37 PM, Crossy1882 said:

Hi All, my Yaris 1.3 Petrol has an issue with Cylinder 2 with a misfire warning which brings on the engine warning light, it runs ok initially when in constant moving eg motorway and A roads but when in traffic the rev drop, loses power and the orange warning light comes on.

The car has just been serviced, new plugs etc after this initially happened, I have changed the coil pack for cylinder 2 and had all the cylinders pressure tested and all over 180 psi.

So what is causing this could it be the injector? Anyone else had this and is so what was the remedy?

Lee

Any data? We can only help if you present data for us to view otherwise you might as well guess and change everything until it's fixed (not recommended)

You would have thought that the misfire would be more apparent under load and not just at idle. (OP's info from another thread on the same subject)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links